Chapter 3: Binna

Patient room, 15 minutes before Taehyung arrived at the hospital...

Seokjin's fingers moved weakly. He was still high on anesthesia. Binna held his hand and caressed his forehead. But what came out of Jin's mouth just now broke her heart beyond repair.

"Tae..." Jin faintly mumbled.

Binna froze in her place. She knew. She always knew deep inside. But experiencing it firsthand was a different story.

"... Tae..." A drop of tear escaped from Jin's closed eye.

A drop of tear also fell from Binna's eye. What was it with Kim Taehyung now that made his boyfriend cry in his sleep?

Even in Jin's unconscious state, Taehyung was the only one he called. The only one he remembered. Even when Binna's hand was holding Jin's hand and caressing his face with so much love, the only one he was looking for was that man... Always that man!

That man that she came to hate so much... Kim Taehyung!

***

.

Hospital waiting room, 5 minutes before Taehyung arrived...

"Has something happened to your boyfriend today, Jungkook shi?" Binna sent Jungkook a text message.

"I proposed to him today." Jungkook answered.

"Did you tell Jin oppa that you will propose to him?"

"Yes."

Binna knew it! "Did Taehyung say yes to you?"

"No." Jungkook replied. "Is he there with Jin right now?"

"He said he's on his way here."

"Of course! He would always run to him afterall." Jungkook snickered.

Jungkook's answer confirmed Binna's hunch: Seokjin was hit by a motorcycle because he was absentminded, since his mind was too distracted by the thought of Taehyung being proposed. The accident happened in a parking lot, for God's sake, not on a busy road or something!

Of course, everything about Taehyung had always affected Jin significantly. Good or bad. That was why it was time to put this to an end. Binna could never compete with Taehyung in Seokjin's heart. Even with all the love she had, she could never win against Kim Taehyung. That man always won. That man was always Jin's first priority...

That was why she left. She never had Seokjin's heart in the first place anyway.

*****