Chapter 30

The corner of Chapa's mom's mouth raises as she takes in the boy's reaction.

She smiles widely and unapologetically, mentally noting Chapa's mortified expression from her side eye. She guesses her daughter must be thinking this is about their conversation in the kitchen earlier.

"Uh..." Bose says and Chapa flinches.

That was the most awkward 'uh' ever.

Chapa is sort of taken aback. Does he actually have a crush? He couldn't. Is he even allowed to? Wouldn't that like, affect his career or something?

'Cause like, aren't celebrities supposed to stay single because fans want them to remain available? At least she thinks that's how it works.

Chapa's oblivious dad urges him on. "Yes, yes, do you?" he asks excitedly.

Chapa doesn't know why she leans forward to listen. She shouldn't care this much.

But she does.

Bose, on the other hand, is literally panicking on the inside. Like he would literally take getting hit with that tree branch they saw earlier to this.

He doesn't know what to do. He can't say that yes, he does have a crush and he most definitely can't say it's the girl sitting right next to him for fear of her parents instantly hating him.

What's he supposed to say? "Yeah, I've pretty much been infatuated with your daughter since I first layed eyes on her, could you give us your blessing?"

Yeah, he doesn't think so.

He tries desperately to think of a way to dodge the question. Or change the subject somehow.

Chapa's mom pretends to still be expecting an answer. "Come on, you can tell us." She says teasingly.

"I uh..." Bose laughs awkwardly.

Chapa's mom laughs too. "Don't worry, we won't tell a soul." She pretends whispers, miming a zip over her mouth and Chapa's dad aggressively nods in agreement.

Bose turns to Chapa for help.

But Chapa only wiggles her eyebrows at him seeming to enjoy his misery.

But in reality,

She actually really wants him to answer too. Where she got the sudden interest from, she doesn't even know.

Bose's heart starts beating roughly against his chest. "I...."

"You?" Chapa's dad asks.

Bose's mouth opens and closes repeatedly before he blurts out. "...bathroom!"

"Huh?" Chapa asks.

"Sorry, I uh.." Bose stutters. "Wh-where's the bathroom?" He asks.

Chapa's mom smiles at him. "It's right upstairs, first door to the right." She replies pointing to the stairs.

"Chapa, go on and show him the way." Her dad adds.

"Uh...I'm pretty sure he got the directions." Chapa answers flatly.

"Chapa," Her mom says.

Chapa sighs, getting up. Bose gives her a cheeky grin.

Chapa subtly steps on his foot, smirking when he tries to hide his pain from the grown-ups.

Why he hid the pain, he likes to annoy her, it doesn't mean he wants to get her in trouble.

Bose waits, following Chapa till her parents are out of sight before he literally starts hopping on one foot, wincing and rubbing his foot where Chapa had stepped on him.