11: Ticking Clock

Wukong's Pov

"I don't know what to do to get you to trust me," He said as his grip tightened around my waist he nuzzled into my neck "But I can't lose you. Not yet..." He whispered into my ear, wrapping his tail around my thigh "So stop crying, would you? I'm not going anywhere."

'It's been a while since Macaque went to sleep and I still couldn't get those words to stop repeating constantly, and I couldn't wrap my head around why he was being so--intimate with me....'

"Macaque..." I said, attempting to shake him awake

"Hm..?" He responded in a drowsy tone

"Why did you do that?"

"Do what?" He said, sitting up while making eye contact with me

"Why did you hug me?"

"Because you were crying..?"

"And what did you mean that you can't lose me yet?"

...

"Macaque?"

"Look... I just got you back--it couldn't hurt to spend a little more time with you right?"

"I guess?"

*Sigh "Look, since I'm clearly being a bother to you. I'll get back on track, I'm here to train Mk. And starting tomorrow morning that's what I'll do. Does that make ya happy?"

"No."

"No?"

"No, I mean you aren't being a bother to me."

"Really? Cause it seems like it."

"Yeah but-"

"Remember what I said, we don't have to like each other to train Mk, I'll stop bothering you and we can both train him on different days."

"Yeah but that's not what I want."

"Then what do you want?"

"I think it would be cool if we trained Mk together"

"So every time I tell him to do something you tell him to do something else? No tha-"

"I promise I won't, and like I said you aren't a bother to me--I just got scared and jumped to conclusions. I just-"

"Didn't want me to hurt Mk? I understand"

"Yeah, but I just was scared of losing you again."

...

"Stop that."

"What? What did I-"

"You're acting as if there's something ever so special about me," He said standing up

"There is!"

"Yeah? And what's that?"

...

"Tsk--That's what I-"

"I like your personality, you're assertive and straightforward, that's special. You're eyes always shimmer in the light making a pretty golden hue, you're funny, you have a pretty laugh and you grow on people easily, that's special too"

Macaque blushed while he stared at me in confusion.

"And I was scared I was gonna lose that, Again."

Macaque's POV

'Focus. You're not here to make friends. Just find a way to get them to Lady Bone Demon and this all ends.'

"Well don't worry," I started extending my hand and helping him up "You won't have to. How about we be friends again--just like old times? How does that sound?"