15: Who are you.!?

Macaque's POV

"Macaque, I really love you. Honest." Those words echoed through my head, that moment felt great, I gotta be real, but that life wasn't one meant for me.

"Wukong, I-" And before I could finish, a strong cold breeze snapped be back to reality.

"I what..?" He questioned, I could see the sadness overflow his eyes, even though he refused to make eye contact with me

"I really have to go now..."

"BUT-" He tried to interject, but I was already gone.

...

"Oh Lady Bone Demon, where art thou?"

"I'm not in the mood for your games, simian."

I chuckled, "Alright, alright"

"I assume you've heard of the Spider Queens inevitable defeat, after all, you were there to witness." She said, her cold blue eyes staring into my soul

"I-"

"Heed this warning, simian. Time and time and time again I've offered you my grace, yet I am presented with nothing in return. Fail me again and I will not hesitate to wipe the memory of you from this mortal plane."

...

"Understood." I said, getting ready to walk off, before she stopped me.

"And don't forget, you're only in this situation because of him. I must say, it puzzles me why you're so... smitten, with him, after all he did."

"Yeah... I puzzles me too." I whispered.

"Although, I have to admit it's truly satisfying"

"What..?"

"Have you forgotten why you're there? You're there to bring the Monkey King and his protégé to me. And oh, how his heart will be shattered if you betray him like that"

...

"You may leave." She said, swiftly turning her back to me, and I teleport out of there, contemplating where I should go next, and I end up finding myself on the floor of my dojo

If I go back now he'll have questions, I had to leave so urgently but returned so quickly.
My mind was spinning, but the one thing it managed to focus on were those words "Macaque, I really love you. Honest."

...

"UGH." I groaned, throwing the nearest item near me

"I obviously have to reject him, right? I mean I'm in no position to accept his feelings... What do you think?" I said, facing the shadow monkey who watched my whole tantrum

"Tsk, you're no help." I said, plopping back down on the ground.

I wanted to be with him, really. But I just couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to reject him either... All I wanna do is avoid him until this all blows over. So that's what I'll do. I'll sit here until I get tired of it. Then, I'll stand here until I get tired of it.

________________________

Mk's POV.

Me and Mei were confused about what just happened, so Pigsy closed up and we all decided to talk about it, you know, coach Monkey King through!

...

"Soo..." I started, looking at around at everyone who clearly didn't know what was the best was to start this conversation.

"I say we don't think too much of it... I mean, he had to go! That technically isn't a no!" Tang started.

"Sure felt like a no." Monkey King sulked, it wasn't that obvious but I could tell he wanted to cry.