Chapter 5

Bokuto's POV

I was really excited to be going home after spending my entire summer in America. Kenma was also in America for work. 

He started his own company and need to come to the states to secure things logistics-wise, even though it was based in Japan. I had became very fond of him with the time we had spent together. Maybe just a little more. 

"Kenma! What movie do you want to watch?" I flopped on the couch and wrapped a blanket around myself, making sure to cover my head. He came out of his room with his phone in one hand, and an energy drink in the other. He sat next to me, tossing his phone on the table. 

"I don't know. Nothing scary," he shrugged. We settled on a rom-com that was playing on another channel. Throughout the movie, Kenma gradually inched closer to me. I held out my arm, pulling open my blanket cocoon. 

"Are you cold? You can share my blanket with me!" He stared at me for a second before crawling over and sitting in between my legs. I wrapped the blanket back around us. He was cold, all of the time. I never saw him without some sort of blanket or jacket on. 

Without realizing, I started scenting him. I didn't notice until he looked over his shoulder. 

"What's wrong?" 

"You're scenting me," he seemed red in the face. 

"O-oh. Sorry!" I giggled. "Akaashi says it smells pretty good but-" 

"It does. You seem happy," he turned to fully look at me. 

"I'm very happy! I get to go back home soon," I giggled. "And I'm hanging out with a pretty smart person," I shrugged, grinning. 

"Shut up, I'm not smart," he turned back to face the TV, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"What?! Of course you are!" I wrapped my arms around him. "You and Keiji are literally the smartest people I know! And you have your own company. How does that make you not smart?" 

We sat quietly for the rest of the movie. After it was over, we cleaned up and headed to our separate rooms. I felt a tug on my shirt as I walked into my room. I turned to face Kenma. 

"What's up?" He looked nervous. He covered the lower half of his face with his sleeve covered hand. 

"Will you come sleep with me?" Even though it was dark, I could tell his was blushing. 

"Yeah, of course!" I followed him over to his room. He must be scared of the dark. I am too. I've been sleeping with the bathroom light on since the night light is back in Japan with Keiji. I went over to the other side as he got under the covers. We just laid there, facing each other. 

"You smelled nice," he cleared his throat, "y'know? Earlier." 

"Oh, thank you," I giggled. "What is your scent?" 

"Apple." 

"Like just straight apple??" 

"Depends. Kuroo says its usually apple pie or homemade applesauce." 

"That's pretty neat," he nodded. "Are you cold? You're shivering." 

"Only a little," he mumbled. He scooted closer to me. 

"Can I-" I whispered, only able to get the two words out before Kenma leaned in and softly kissed me. We pulled away, too shocked to say anything. 

"What about Kuroo?" 

"What about Akaashi?" I gulped, he had a fair point. "I won't...tell. If that's what you're thinking," he looked down. 

"I can't do this to him though," I bit my lip almost hard enough to draw blood. Kenma's eyes widened. "What?"