Thirty - Foreign Feelings

Emmi's POV:

"Why did he have to say it so proactively? This is definitely a new feeling..." I trailed off, talking to myself. I shook my head, not wanting to figure out this foreign feeling. I didn't need more weird feelings going on, while I was still healing for one, but I was also new to a simple, good relationship. I didn't want to ruin it with other feelings that could be overpowering later on.

I grabbed a small pot with a spout to pour easily into a mug and then grabbed the carton of vanilla almond milk from the fridge. I put three cups of it into the pot and waited for it to boil before mixing in the cocoa powder and hazelnut.

As the milk was heating, I went to the cabinet on the left side of the sink to grab two mugs. One was a favorite of mine that I always needed to use for hot cocoa. It was deep orange with little lion cubs playing with a blue ball all around the base of the cup. The other one was one we hadn't used in a long time. I was hesitant to use it for Maddox, but I felt my brother pushing me towards it. It was his mug. It was forest green with red fox kits wrestling at the base.

I felt my eyes water, but I batted them away. This was a happy moment, not a sad one. I set both mugs down, making sure the milk wasn't boiling yet, and then went to the living room to see how Maddox was doing. Shockingly, he had most of the driveway done already. It wasn't a long one, but it was wide. It fits four cars plus two in the garage, so six in total.

I got lost just watching him snow blow. Daydreaming about things I hadn't thought of before. Nothing inappropriate, but they were different thoughts for me. I'd never felt like this before with someone. I wasn't sure if it was love or not, but it was a feeling I didn't want to stop feeling. Thinking of Maddox in a dreamy way, like someone with a crush does, made me feel warm inside and happy inside. It was strange.

I was pulled from my thoughts and stares by a subtle burinng smell. "Shit! The milk!" I ran into the kitchen, turned off the burner and frowned. "Man, I lost most of it. I guess I gotta start over." I sighed, bringing the pot to the sink and dumping what was left of the milk down the drain. I cleaned up my mess before starting over.

By the time the hot cocoa was finished, Maddox came trudging in from outside, covered in snow. I peaked around the wall from the island as I put snowflake marshmallows in the drinks and noticed he stripped down to his jeans. My face turned beat red as my eyes landed on his bare, ripped torso. I had never seen him with his shirt off, but holy shit was he hot. I focused back on the marshmallows before he caught me staring.

He walked into the kitchen, kissing me on the cheek, "I'm gonna shower quick and then we can drink hot cocoa and snuggle until I have to go out and snow blow again."

"Okay." I squeaked, continuing with the marshmallows.

He tilted his head, "You okay?" I nodded frantically and turned to face him, seeing his bare chest again. I blushed and looked at my feet. "Do you want me to put my shirt back on?" He chuckled.

I didn't answer, not really knowing what I wanted him to do. "Go take your shower." I mumbled.

He pulled me into a tight sweaty hug and then went to shower. Once he disappeared to the bathroom I melted into the floor. What the hell was going on with me? Was I crushing on my own boyfriend? Is that even possible?

I grabbed my phone and texted the girls, needing some advice.

Me: HALP!

Nikki: what's happening?

Lilly: you ok?

Cassie: ??

Jamie: O.O

Gigi: huh?