Thrity-Three - Positive Bruises (Love Bites)

Emmi's POV:

I awoke in my bedroom, startled from a dream I had. I felt a strong arm around me and I froze. My eyes trailed to who owned the arm and it was Maddox. I immediately looked down to his feet and realized he was on top of the covers and I was underneath them, still in my clothes from the day before. Yes, we've snuggled and fallen asleep on the couch together, but this was different. Maddox Evans was in my room, fast asleep and snuggling me. I tried to slip out from under his arm, but he was too strong and limp. "Maddy." I whispered.

"Mmmm," he groaned, pulling me in closer. I held in a yelp, since his arm was at my stomach, but I think he realized what he did when I tensed up. His eyes shot open and he sat up, "Are you okay?"

I clenched my jaw, "Yup, great." I hissed through my teeth. I slowly got up, slithering out from under the covers and went to my floor length mirror. Lifting my shirt up, I examined my ribs and stomach. It didn't look worse, but it really didn't look better either. Maddox came into view in my mirror, gently resting his hands on my hips, and nuzzling his head into my neck. He mumbled something, but I couldn't hear it. "Hmm?"

"I said, you're beautiful." He told me. He kissed me on my neck a little rougher than he usually did, but it felt nice.

"What are you doing?" I giggled, squirming a little.

He hummed with a smile, "I wanted to try something. I've never done this before, but it feels right with you."

I stepped to the side, turning to look at him, "W--what are you gonna do?" I was now nervous.

"I was gonna give you a hickey...a mark that you're mine kind of sorts..." I could tell he was nervous about it. He didn't want to hurt me. "Do you trust me?" His eyes searched for an answer from me and the small, shy smile that formed on my face told him everything. "Would you be okay if it was on your collarbone? Where no one would see it?" He brushed my hair off my shoulder and stretched my sweatshirt and t-shirt the best he could to find where he wanted to do it. "Right here?" I felt his fingers press against my right shoulder where my bone sat.

"Sure...that seems like the perfect spot..." I bit my lower lip nervously. God, why was I all of a sudden getting so warm? I slipped my sweatshirt over my head and my t-shirt went up farther than I expected. Shoving it down quickly, I glanced at Maddox who was gazing at the ceiling, making it known he saw nothing, even if I did have a bra on.

"You ready?" He asked, pulling my hair to my left side. I nodded, revealing my neck more to make it easier. I felt air behind me and then a wall. My heart raced. I wanted to shrink back, but I knew this was a sweet gesture...a moment that he wanted to show me that could be good and thrilling. Not frightening and scared for my life. Before he even started, he looked me in the eyes, "You sure you want me to do this?"

I gulped, breathing heavily, "Yes. I--it's just the wall...but I'm forcing myself to be okay..." I looked at his lips and then back into his eyes. "Can we..." I trailed off.

"Not have me jump right into it?" He chuckled. I nodded shyly. "Always, Butterfly." He pulled me into a rough kiss, tangling his fingers in my hair. I felt my breath catch in my throat for a second and I soon melted into the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, entangling my fingers in his dark mop. I felt his tongue trying to pry my lips open and I giggled, parting my lips. I felt his tongue play with mine and I went along with it.

I felt his hands rest on my hips as he pulled me in closer. I felt a shudder go down my spine and a soft moan left me unexpectedly. Maddox lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around him. He pulled away from my lips and gently kissed and nibbled from my lips down to my neck and then to my shoulder. He stretched my t-shirt off my shoulder and moved my black bra strap with it, revealing my bare shoulder.