Chapter 11: Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

"Sweet! We're three-nil up at half-time!" Igaguri cheered.

It was currently halftime and the team Z members were cheering on their victory in the first half, taking three points on the lead, a hat trick scored alone by their number two: Kuon.

Truly a miracle for a team at the brink of elimination.

"Kuon's weapon really exploded today! Way to stand out, man!" Igaguri added, probably the most ecstatic of the bunch.

"Man oh man!" He added in a singsong manner, landing light punches on Kuon's chest.

"Things are going so well for me today it's scary!" Kuon said before squeezing the water bottle in his hand, spraying water in his open mouth.

"I'll score a hat trick and make it 'six to zero'!" Raichi declared as he pointed his finger on both hands to the rest of team Z, determined to score his own goal.

"Coach Kuon's 'Operation Southern All Stars' is working well," Bachira commented.

"That name kinda sounds cool now!" Naruhaya added.

"I thought it was cool from the beginning," Gagamaru said, toneless and monotone as usual.

"Let's stay focused!" Iemon added.

It seemed like the entirety of team Z were delighted with their teammate's goal, the room filled with cheerful chatter. Team Z was finally looking more like a team than before, seeing how they've finally cast aside their own selfishness for the team's needs instead.

As the rest of the team were laughing, joking around, and celebrating their small victory, Kuon can't help but feel goosebumps rise all over his body, a cold feel prickling his skin. A murderous aura coming from a certain direction; contrary to the atmosphere of the rest of the room.

Kuon looked into the direction of that ominous feeling only to be met with a pair of cold, threatening eyes. The gaze that belonged to none other than Hayami.

Hayami's eyes were glued to Kuon's, an unreadable expression on his face. The blonde slowly tilted his head to the side, the gesture more chilling than coy.

But it was definitely threatening.

Hayami suddenly stood up, walking towards Kuon's direction, stopping right beside Kuon, their shoulders slightly brushing against each other. At this point the team Z members have started to take notice of the ominous aura radiating from their teammate and the tension between the two players.

Hayami once again tilted his head to the side so he could whisper something to Kuon. The other team Z members were unable to hear his statement, and could only imagine what he might have told Kuon judging by how Kuon's expression shifted for a split second.

The room fell silent and suddenly only the sound of whispers could be heard.

From beside Kuon, Isagi watched how Hayami's usual poker face distorted into a dark and menacing expression instead, practically screaming 'bloody murder'. Isagi felt goosebumps prickle at his skin as Hayami's eyes landed on him, sharp and narrowed. It was brief but Isagi felt his stomach drop at the sight, panicked for a split second.

Bachira also quietly watched the scene in front of him upfold with wide curious eyes, wondering what had made his friend so angry.

'Maybe this time is more than a hissy fit,' Bachira silently thought.

Hayami left as soon as he was finished with whatever he said, making sure to bump against Kuon's shoulder as he did so, Kuon's body moving slightly due to the impact.