Chapter 15: Last Game.

"Due to their shooting skills, our front three will be Kunigami, Hayami and Chigiri," Iemon said, clasping his hand together, showing the formation they've agreed on in the whiteboard.

"The other team's offensive skills are off the chart, so we'll drop back all the way and defend against their attacks with everything we've got," he said as the rest of the team stretched and got ready.

"Then we'll also aim to score with a quick counter attack," he added, while putting on his gloves.

Hayami looked at the whiteboard while he gathered his hair into a high ponytail, tying it before the match to prevent it from getting in his face and bothering him.

"With only the ten of us, this is the only practical strategy."

Like the rest of the team, Hayami was stretching and cracking his joints, rolling his shoulders back and squatting down to stretch his legs. Making sure to stretch enough to prevent any casualties. Another injury would be a hassle afterall.

"Oi, Kuon," Raichi said, catching Hayami's attention, making him glance at them from the corner of his eyes. "You're going to stand in your corner and do nothing for the whole 90 minutes, got it?"

"Don't interfere and don't even try to help us, you piece of shit," he added, "If I see you touching the ball, I'll seriously kill you."

Kuon merely scoffed, "No need to tell me twice. I'd hate to pick up an injury that might drag me down in the next selection anyway."

He then looked at Hayami, "And I'm still the top scorer, which means I don't need to do anything to survive," he added, talking about what Hayami said the other day, "Besides, I doubt you all can score a goal against them anyway."

Before Raichi or Hayami can answer Kuon, Igaguri clapped his hand, catching their attention.

"The other team already knows they're qualified enough to go through, so their guard should be down," he said. "If we take advantage of that, we can win! We have the chance!"

"Let's do this!" Naruhaya cheered, pumping his fist.

"It's now or never," Kunigami muttered, furrowing his brow.

"Let's go," Chigiri chimed in.

"Yeah..." Isagi said, a determined look on his face.

They all walked towards the field through the dark hallway together as a team, all of them determined to win. Their football careers depend on this final match.

"Let's win, Team Z!" Iemon said, encouraging them, his voice roaring as it echoed through the hall, the rest of the team replying with an equally as powerful 'yeah!'.

Hayami noticed that Isagi had stopped, the raven haired boy sighing as he placed a hand on his chest, his heart pounding like crazy. Hayami walked towards him, patting him lightly on the shoulder, catching his attention.

"Hayami..." he breathed, looking at Hayami.

"We're going to win, Isagi," Hayami said as he looked at Isagi, a determined and serious look on his face. "We'll pass," he added.

He then continued walking to the field, the bright light from the floodlight surrounding the field making him squint his eyes. He could faintly hear Bachira talking to Isagi as he walked away, Bachira's voice not so audible, his voice echoing through the hall.

As Hayami entered the field he glanced at the screen displaying the time remaining till the last match.

00:05:41

Five minutes..., Hayami thought as he walked towards his designated position, noticing a familiar purple haired player lightly jogging his way, making Hayami narrow his eyes.