Chapter 16: The Fun Has Just Begun!

Bachira got a few weird glances from the players around him, all wondering why he was still so bubbly and energetic when they were at the brink of elimination.

Hayami watched him from where he stood in the field, his expression as blank as ever.

"Bachira...? What are you talking about...?" Isagi said wryly, his eyes filled with desperation as all hope had been lost for all of them.

"Hmm?? I mean, isn't that trio just incredible? I'm all hyped up!" he said in glee as he played with the ball in his feet, bouncing it on the top of his shoes.

"But we're losing 3 - 1! At this rate our chances of winning are—"

"Hm? Isagi. Don't tell me you're scared?" Bachira suddenly said, turning to look at Isagi, his cheerful voice dropping as he looked at Isagi dead in the eyes, his honey eyes drilling into cobalt blue ones. Isagi was caught by surprise, unable to reply, his voice caught in his throat.

"Sure, their goals were super special," Bachira said with a giddy tone. "But the solution is obvious," he added as the whistle blew.

"We just have to be super special too!" he grinned as he suddenly passed the ball to Isagi without looking, dragging his tongue over his teeth.

"Wha—" Isagi was caught off guard as he received the pass, stumbling to quickly get the ball before the enemy team does.

"Isagi! Hey! Pass!" Bachira said with a smile, running towards the goal.

"But they already know our plan—" he replied wryly, confusion written on his face.

"So we go beyond that, like what Hayami told us!" Bachira said, making Hayami moved by his actions, feeling an unfamiliar warmth from within him. "Come on hurry up or else they're gonna steal it!" Bachira said as he sped up towards the goal.

Isagi nearly lost the ball when Nagi came rushing in for the ball, the same bored look on his face. Isagi quickly passed the ball to Bachira, Hayami following right behind them in case Bachira needed to pass to someone.

"If weapons and formulas didn't work when we used them to the max, then if we manage to score against them, that means we've surpassed our limits, right?" Bachira said as he ran with the ball, huffing and puffing as he did so.

Hayami watched in awe as he processed what Bachira was saying, feeling goosebumps crawl over his skin, making the hair on his body rise up.

"The monster inside me is saying: We should be excited, not scared, when we're in a desperate situation!" He added as he sprinted towards team V's goal.

"Well, aren't you interesting?" Reo said as he got ready to steal the ball, "Bring it on, Bachira Meguru."

"You got it!" Bachira grinned as his eyes twisted into something darker, his honey eyes suddenly not as sweet as Hayami remembered them to be.

"I'll crush you!" Bachira added as he did hyperspeed scissors, moving so quickly Reo couldn't keep up with the ball. Bachira then did a roulette, feinting left before spinning to the right, sprinting past Reo, leaving the purple haired boy baffled.

"Zantetsu!" he quickly called, hoping his friend could stop the slippery little yellow eyed minx.

"Not so fast, Blunt Bangs," the player with goggles said as he suddenly appeared beside Bachira. His speed was really no joke, likely on par with Chigiri.

"Speedy specs!" Bachira said as he glanced at him, his feet stopped running and he immediately kicked the ball upwards while Zantetsu had already placed himself in front of Bachira. Zantetsu looked up at the ball that was in the air.