Chapter 12: The Traitor in False Blue

Silence fell on the field as team Z players awaited for Kuon's response, tension rising high.

"Bingo~!"

A shrill voice rang from behind Hayami making him narrow his eyes and glance back, brows furrowed as he knew exactly whose voice it belonged to. Seeing how it kept yapping throughout the whole match.

Hayami gritted his teeth as he scowled at the twins who appeared from behind him, walking past his left and right.

"They've figured it out, so might as well come clean, Kuon-chan~" the younger brother said, grinning from ear-to-ear, his hand on Kuon's shoulder. The nickname making Hayami scrunch his nose, disgusted.

"Your tactics, weapons, weaknesses— Literally everything was leaked to us!" he said ecstatically, talking in a 'baby voice' as if talking to his pet.

"You sneaked out during your team meeting last night to propose this plan didn't you?" He continued, still using the 'baby voice' and making Hayami's eye twitch.

"And so..."

The older Wanima raised his hand and petted Kuon's head.

"This game is ours!" he said in a deeper voice than usual, eyes swirling with a twisted ego. "That's what we're saying."

"This is a joke, right..?" Isagi said wide-eyed and in disbelief. "Kuon..."

Kuon remained silent, unmoved, his face remaining the same blank expression.

"Ой бляяяя...." Hayami muttered, frustrated. "What more proof do you need, Isagi?" Hayami snapped at him, his anger—which had burned earlier—had yet to subside, making Isagi also take the hit.

"Oh my," Bachira sighed, "So it's true."

Raichi suddenly grabbed Kuon by the collar, "This is bullshit!" he roared, no one stopping him this time. Not even Kunigami. "I'll kill you!" he yelled again.

"What the hell were you thinking, huh?" he growled at him, voice raspy.

"I'm just doing my best to survive in Blue Lock," Kuon said calmly, without a trace of regret.

Raichi looked at him with wide eyes, baffled at how shameless his answer was. He pulled his arm back and got ready to punch Kuon when the whistle blew from the speaker horn.

"Raichi Jingo, yellow card!" the voice of a woman said through the speakers. "Return to your half immediately and resume the game."

The Wanima twins walked back to their side of the field while Raichi's hand trembled in the air, fighting the urge to punch Kuon until he passed out. Raichi gritted his teeth as he pushed Kuon to the ground.

"How can I?!" He screamed, replying to the woman's voice. "I can't play under these conditions!"

Hayami's eyes darted to the security camera watching the field, where he assumed Jinpachi Ego to be, monitoring their movements. Where else could he monitor their progress?

Hayami looked up at the camera with furrowed brows as his eyes bore straight at the lens, wondering how Ego could just sit there and watch as Kuon betrayed them. Clearly, playing unfairly would result in a 'false survivor' to leave the first selection, making someone unworthy proceed to the second.

And from the other side, Jinpachi Ego was watching carefully at the interesting match that was about to unfold.

"You're the dumb ones," Kuon said as he stepped on the ball in the middle of the pitch, facing the direction of his fellow teammates. "Only you guys will go home if we lose."