My dark soul mate 🖤🇷🇴

London,2123.
This is my story.From the day I met him and he made me what I am today.
That night.Etched in memory.Till the day I die?
I'll never die.It happened 100 years ago,but it seems like yesterday.

******************************************

London, 2023. 7th February.
This was be the first time I had the privilege of interviewing him.The most famous actor from Romania in the world.His name was well known,after 20 years of movies.For me it would have been only Max (Maximilian),which was his real name.I was a journalist for the Daily Mail and,that night,among the special guests at "Sharper" movie World Premiere.

The limos stopped along the road:the cast was there!Julienne,Brianna,Justice,director Benjamin. And finally him,Sebastian. All dressed in black.Classy and beautiful.The crowd murmured admiration while they paraded on the red carpet,all of them smiling and greeting the press.The stars in the sky were brightening under their reflected light.

The photographers had been hogging the whole afternoon for shoots and were ready to capture every smile or stare from them.Sebastian and Julianne,the most wanted,being the main characters in the plot.They really knew how to feed every tabloid,everyone was going to talk about it for weeks.

He was dark and mysterious,long messy shoulder-length hair and those hypnotizing steel blue eyes.Wearing a stark coat over a double breasted suit. He looked like a prince. Around me every woman was intoxicated by his beauty. And that was the moment we made eye contact. A shiver ran through my spine.He read my mind. How could he possibly do?And the smirk that followed said it...

The cast members and director were available for few short questions with the press,before getting into the theater.I waited for my turn but a voice awoke me from the spell "what's your question, ma'am?".HIM! Sebastian came so close I could hardly breath..never seen a man like that in my life.Brushing a strand of hair behind the ear,he waited patiently for my answer "well...well.." I had to reread the question in my phone once more,having forgotten it,his stunning eyes were now wide open. Taking a look at the screen he helped me "oh I see,that's an interesting one!dark characters reflect my inner self,sometimes we try to put aside..hide our evil side.but we should be brave and don't feel ashamed of it.don't you think?".
My saliva level lowered down to zero meeting his eyeballs,but feeling the cold touch of his hand worsened my condition.It was a winter night but no human skin would have been that frozen "I do..Mr...Seb...", "It's Max.for you only.Will I see you later?are you coming inside?".

With a diabolic smile he left me,following his agent into the theatre.Still shocked I came inside too looking for my seat.

***********************************

I watched the movie more carefully than expected,Sebastian was incredible as usual but this time something made his character Max more real to my eyes. As if he was really showing himself without any acting skills. His emotions and feelings looked like he was addressing to me in every scene, not to the other characters involved in the different situations.That was what scared me the most..

Two hours flew very quickly and the cast got on stage called by the director Ben, thanking the clapping audience. I joined the standing ovation till Sebastian looked for me down the hall..that time my whole body froze.How could that man have such power on me?

********************************************

Everyone was invited to the screening after party where the cast was finally more relaxed and free to talk. Holding a glass of Champagne, I tried to approach him again "sorry,Seb..." "Call me by my name.Max,please", he answered taking my hand and kissing the back of it. My cheeks turned red as my jaw dropped "Max...please stop.." "Don't you like gentlemen?I thought you did..". He was trying to embarass me,perfectly succeeding.
"You're the one.." he whispered closer in my ear, "which one?" I asked in return "I've been looking for you over the centuries..."
His voice was the chant of a spell,low and smooth, "come with me...". I didn't realize you had left the room till the air of the night sent chills to every cell in my body.

"Trust me..", he took my hand as an invitation and I did. Following him through the streets of London. The shadows welcomed us. From time to time he turned to look at me "you won't regret it.believe me." I would follow him to the edge of the world.
As long as we reached an old area of the city, he stopped holding me in his arms close to him "this reminds me of my homeland.Romania. You'd love it. My manor is still there,but we can live wherever you want. I can buy you a house in every place we're going to. All you have to do is say 'yes' and the dark gift will be yours. Be my Lady in the shadows. I am so tired of living this neverending existence alone".
His face was the portrait of love and faith, I knew nothing about him as a man...wait...Was he a man ? "what are you,Max?" "I am death,life,love,hate, pain,joy,war and peace. Choose one and I'll become for you. The man who made me was the oldest one ever existed,I've replaced him the day he was burnt.I'll guard you with my undead life". And there was the truth ...he was an undead.A "nosferatu". A vampire!

I tried to walk away from him but he held me back "a marriage in blood.death will never tear us apart.Share it with me and it won't be a curse anymore". I had no time to think:his kiss numbed my brain to oblivion,I heared  the echoes of his voice "Here is your choice.No illness will make you sick,we'll be forever young in body and soul.I promise to be your devoted spouse". My answer without any doubt was fast pronounced  "Yes,I do" before feeling the pinprick of his fangs carving my throat.

*************************************

I still don't remember how long I slept,even after 100 years.My memories start from the morning I woke up and found Max closing our luggages "we are leaving,my lady.New York is waiting for us. Our second home.Let's say hi to the new century,we'll be the first to see the new dawn".
He smiled at me and delicately caressed the black onyx ring to my fourth finger "you are the one who put a spell on me,my beloved enchantress.
Mine forever",  you drowned into Max's stormy blue eyes "across the oceans of time..forever yours..my lord..."