The Ending of Delilah

The precinct might as well have been in flames. The BAU had the opportunity to watch their chief get yelled at by the U.S. Marshal. Delilah Carrero had managed to slip from the BAU's fingers.

"Don't you think one of us should go in there?" Morgan was watching the whole argument unfolding and was just barely restraining himself from going into the meeting room to argue himself.

"No, there's no point," Rossi shook his head. "They've already made their minds up about us. The best we can do is find Delilah and Marlene."

"We may have that now," Emily announced behind the group. She and Spencer had just finished their conversation with Penelope about the candy stores.

"Garcia said that one of the candy stores had a fire about two weeks ago," Spencer came right to the front of the group. "That's one week before the first homicide." He gave them time to reach the same conclusion he, Emily and Garcia had.

"One week to stalk Delilah and learn her schedule," JJ was the one to say it out loud. One week for stalking, the next week had the two murders and then finally going for Delilah and Marlene.

"Coincidentally, the fire was said to have started over night, reasons unidentified for now," Spencer added. They knew the reason.

"We assume this is where Marlene is and it's where Delilah is headed to," Emily said.

"Then we have to go there," Morgan dropped his folded arms to his sides.

"Great, who gets to tell them?" Rossi nodded to the meeting room. He wasn't interested in doing it.

Because inside, things were not going any better.

"Delilah has put herself in danger!" Lewis was raging and pacing in front of Hotch. "I pulled her out because she was next on the list! There were 3 witnesses and one was murdered! Is that what you want?"

Hotch wasn't going to fall for any of those guilt-laced questions. "Miss Carrero took that decision all on her own. Despite not knowing her exact age, I can safely assume that she's not a child."

Lewis stopped to glare. "Your agents were responsible for her! You made yourself responsible!"

"Yes, and we still are which is why I'd rather do my job than stand here and listen to you," Hotch retorted. "It's been an hour of this so I know that my team already has a proposed plan. Would you like to continue this or...?"

Lewis watched him gesture to the bullpen where sure enough the agents were watching. "We need to find her."

"Agreed," Hotch motioned Lewis towards the doors. "Shall we go do that?"

Lewis' face expressed more jabs but he was very right about the time. It was the only reason he came out of the room with Hotch. As soon as the two men emerged, the rest of the team gathered together again.

"Delilah Carrero may look like a sweet girl but trust me when I say that she is very skilled," Lewis started and claimed all the attention. "Before any of this, she was working for the criminal justice system and believe me when I say that when armed, she can make her target." That being said, his eyes darted towards Emily and Spencer. "Did she take any of yours?" The two in question shook their heads. "Alright, the good news is that she won't go back to her place for the weapon she owned. It would take too much time."

"Knowing that she's skilled means she has a higher chance of staying out of trouble," Hotch said. It did count a lot in these situations. "Was Garcia able to find out which of the stores Marlene would be in?"

"Uh, yeah," Emily nodded. "We think it's the store that went up in flames. Reconstruction hasn't started yet so it's the perfect spot to hide out for now."