A Girl and her Fishes

Aitana should've expected visits from the team but it was hard to remember when she was very much chalked up on morphine. Seaver had come with her in the ambulance and even then, Aitana failed to remember her on occasion.

"Tell me we caught him," she said to Rossi pleadingly and slightly loopy. "I didn't want to mess anything up—"

The older man rested a hand on her shoulder, careful not to put any weight on it. "You didn't mess anything up. We have him. Actually...he's in the same hospital."

"Hotch had to fire," Morgan explained briefly.

"I wonder why..." Aitana said, gesturing to her side.

"How are you?" Rossi asked her earnestly.

"Umm..." Aitana swallowed hard, "My mouth is dry."

Rossi's eyebrows raised with the unusual answer. He soon glanced at Seaver for a better explanation.

"She's on a couple meds," she explained first, not that the other two agents wouldn't make that connection on their own, "But the doctors said the knife didn't hit anything important. She'll just have to stay a night for observation and then she's clear to go home."

"That's good because Penelope Garcia is already waiting for you in D.C. with ecstatic arms," Morgan playfully warned Aitana. "Get ready for a whole lot of loving."

Aitana's eyebrows knitted together as she seemingly tried to figure something out. "Colorful," she said eventually, puzzling the trio for a second until she added: "The loud one."

Morgan snorted while Rossi and Seaver smiled and shook their heads. "Oh Spicy Sprinkles, you don't ever want to say that to her."

Aitana shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "I hope she brings me donuts. I love the donuts that she brings in a cute little pink box." She picked her hands off her lap to gesture the squared box she was talking about.

"Uh, that's you," Rossi patted her shoulder, earning chuckle from her.

"Right!"

"We'll give Hotch a call to let him know her status," Morgan said to Seaver, "He and Reid are wrapping things up at the precinct."

Aitana gasped lightly, making them briefly panic thinking she was in pain again. Her big eyes landed on Morgan. "Hotch has to give me my evaluation."

"I think that can wait for a while," he said. "He just wants you to get better first."

She nodded her head. "Where's Spencer?"

"He's helping Hotch, remember?"

Something flickered across Aitana's face and since it seemed to be tugging her lips down into a pout, it couldn't be good. Even her gaze fell down. "No, of course he wouldn't come. He's mad at me."

She was lucid enough to remember that.

"No, he's not," Seaver tried to comfort her, "There was just a lot of processing to do at the precinct so somebody needed to stay with Hotch."

Aitana shook her head at that. "No, he was mad at me. He wasn't going to come anyways."

Seaver didn't try again. Instead, she looked at the others. Morgan decided to take a shot even if it was going to be a small one. "Hey now, Spicy Sprinkles, when you get home we're all going to visit you, alright? Even the Pretty Boy, okay?"

Aitana's eyes narrowed in confusion. "Who's pretty?"

Morgan chortled. "You." There was no way she was going to retain any of this conversation.