Pacman

"Ten year old Sammy Sparks of Lafayette Parish, Louisiana, showed up at his elementary school this morning covered in blood..."

"When police got to his house, they found that his parents, Charlie and Alison Sparks, were missing..."

"Forensics indicate that at least one of them was injured, and by the looks of it, it was pretty severe. No ransom's been demanded..."

Aitana did her best to go over the case file in her lap but it was rather difficult when she kept overhearing a rapid rambling from the plane's front. As much as she wanted to focus on the case, she couldn't stop listening to Spencer's description of what appeared to be his favorite show. She couldn't quite remember how Seaver had managed to get him to open up like that but it was damn amusing considering how little time Seaver had been with the team.

"Is that the one where they fly around in the phone booth?" Seaver finally managed to cut into the conversation.

Spencer had to put down his almost ready coffee to better explain. "First of all, it's a police box, not a phone booth. Second of all, Doctor Who started a quarter of a century before Bill and Ted even went on their bodacious adventure, so, really, they should have just called it 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Rip-Off.' I mean, at least then—"

"I'm really sorry," Seaver said suddenly, confusing Spencer for a moment.

"For what?"

"Asking." Seaver promptly grabbed her coffee and turned away, making a scurry for an empty seat in the back of the plane. Aitana looked up momentarily, her expression bearing a frown. What was the need in being rude like that?

Spencer was more than used to that type of shut down so, after making one scrunched-up face, he returned to the preparation of his coffee. Aitana seemed to go back to her case as well—she'd missed the meeting earlier that morning and she wanted to be caught up as soon as they landed—but just as Spencer put the lid over his now ready coffee, he heard her voice.

"If you tell me that you have the lost episodes, I'm going to throw this case file at you."

Spencer glanced her way and saw her still reading the file in front of her. Her eyes looked up for a second, meeting his with a small smile. He wasn't sure if it was the lighting of the morning but he could see more flecks of green in her eyes from where he stood. "The what now?" he geniously responded with. He cleared his throat, flushing.

"The lost episodes of Doctor Who," Aitana repeated, "Aren't there like 100 or something?"

"It's actually 97," he corrected her. She playfully rolled her eyes and chuckled lightly. "In the span of 26 serials..." He started making his way to her seat and sat across her, putting his coffee on the table between them. "Because back then, they did serials instead of the traditional 1 story episodes." He took a moment to study her, clearly thinking about something he was yet to let her in on. "You're a Doctor Who fan?"

Aitana shrugged. "Casually. My brothers like the show and I've watched more than a few to know some stuff too."

"Have you watched any of the classics?"

"Not a lot," she shook her head. "But I find it hilarious that the fifth Doctor decided celery was a good fashion choice."

Spencer beamed. "You know about that?" It was easy to elicit yet another rambling conversation from him about Doctor Who. Aitana could only interject where she knew enough but other than that, she listened attentively in hopes of perhaps understanding a little bit more of the show.

~ 0 ~

Arriving at the precinct in Louisiana, the first thing that Aitana did was take a look at the recent crimes in the area. As it turned out, the entire area had been devastated by an oil spill leaving many, many possible suspects in their pool. She came to the conference room where Emily and Seaver were. Hotch and Morgan were already examining the crime scene at the Sparks' residence while Spencer and Rossi took a crack at the only witness of the crime, the Sparks' son Sammy.