Aitana

Penelope Garcia liked to believe that she could notice things out of place like her co-workers — the magnificent profilers. Sure, she wasn't on their level but she could do a decent job. There was one thing out of place today in the bullpen and since that thing was a person who always had things in place, it was fairly easy to spot the unnatural phenomenon.

"What are we doing?" Penelope asked calmly despite her sneaky appearance but it was still enough to make the culprit flinch. She immediately retracted from the desk and assessed the situation. "Dr. Spencer Reid is never startled. I'd love to take credit for being the first but I don't think I can. What are we looking at?"

Spencer could try to hide the journal under his desk or something else but Penelope was already snatching it from his hands by the time he came up with the idea. She eyed the worn brown journal with distaste.

"Of all the things..." she turned it over to the cover and frowned even deeper.

"Garcia, I really need that back—" Spencer was promptly shushed. He pursed his lips together and anxiously watched Penelope study the cover. He wasn't supposed to have it and he already had a conversation with Emily about it on the day she too caught him with it. Besides, Penelope was turning it over like a piece of paper when it in fact was something prized.

"Tania Oranears," Penelope read the name on the cover. She tilted her head. "Why does that name sound familiar?"

Spencer looked away and possibly considered the odds of her never remembering the reason. Being Penelope meant the chances were not good. It was confirmed when she gasped deeply.

"Ooh! That's the name I looked up for that girl in Witness Protection!" she exclaimed and turned back to Spencer who was already trying to shush her. "How did you get this? Why do you have this!?"

"Shhhh!" Spencer jumped out of his chair to get the journal back and since Penelope was too surprised, it was easy that time around. "No one knows I have it!"

"Oooh, which means you're not supposed to have it!"

"Shh!"

"What is going on? I thought that girl was gone."

"She is. I don't know where but she's somewhere not here."

"What, and she left her journal with you?"

"No, no she...look, Emily and I went to say goodbye to her but she was already gone when we got to her hotel room. She left this there and I didn't think it should stay there where anyone could see it."

Penelope watched him shift with the journal tightly in his hands. Her eyes narrowed. "So you kept it? Did you read it?"

Spencer's eyes widened. "No! That's a complete violation of her privacy. I just...I don't know what to do with it."

Two months he had the journal in his possession and he hadn't been able to decide what to do with it. It was too late to come clean with Hotch about it and he couldn't very well try the U.S Marshals either. The chances of the journal ever falling back into Delilah's hands — Dulce's — were very slim. But throwing the journal away didn't feel like the right thing to do either. For once, Spencer was at a complete loss of what to do.

Penelope looked around for anyone who might be watching them. "I want the full story now."

"What story?" Spencer cluelessly blinked.

"About this girl!" Penelope was fierce when she grabbed his arm and pulled him away from his desk. Spencer clutched the journal between their bodies to hide it from others. "What was her name? Delilah?"