The Moping Phase

"𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘩𝘪𝘮...𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘪𝘮."

————-««»»————

Aitana couldn't say that she hated her new job. Because, she didn't. She didn't hate it but to say that she was content with her new position wouldn't be accurate either. But apparently, she wasn't looking so much at the bright side, according to her family. There she was in her parent's bakery with her parents and Angel, telling them how she felt about her new position and instead of supporting her, they told her she was crazy.

"I would be happy to work regular hours," Angel said, pausing his search for some sweet bread to turn to her. "And you're complaining?"

Aitana glared at him. "You run a business! You control your own hours!"

Angel glanced at the others with a sarcastic smile. "Look at her thinking that. Isn't it adorable?"

Aitana's glare only deepened. "Shut up."

"Wouldn't that be nice?" Luis mused and suddenly the three were chuckling until Aitana growled.

"Stop patronizing me!" she exclaimed. "You're not listening to what I'm saying!"

"We are, honey," Pamela offered her daughter a smile. "But we just don't understand why you're not more happy? You're working regular hours now which means you have free time again."

"Free time you can spend with us," Luis made a dramatic gesture at himself then his wife. "And your brothers of course."

"Do Mateo and I get a say?" Angel made a face, smirking when Aitana sent another glare his way.

"I'm not saying that I don't enjoy my free time again but is it really worth it if I'm unhappy?" Aitana sighed with herself. She made the call to switch knowing she would be unhappy. It was worse knowing that the two options she had would've led her down the same path.

"Why can't you switch back?" Pamela asked.

"Because the directors don't want me to. They want to use me and my history as a lesson for the newcomers at the academy."

"But you don't like it one bit?" Angel raised his index finger and thumb. "Teeny-tiny bit?"

Aitana sighed. "That's not the point."

"Kinda is."

"Shut up!"

"Hey," their father cut in with his typical stern face, "Knock it off. Aitana, if you're this upset about it, find a way to fix it."

"If it were that easy, I would've done it already, Dad," Aitana huffed.

"I didn't say it was going to be easy," Luis corrected, looking even surprised that Aitana would think that. "I know for a fact it'll be difficult for you. It's a good thing your mother and I raised you to take on challenges."

"Dad, I can't fight the FBI. I'm part of the FBI."

"Then there's one advantage you have," Luis motioned. "You know how they think."

"That's the problem, Dad," Angel said in-between chews of the fresh sweet bread he stole from one of the trays. "She's not thinking of solutions because she's so hung up on the fact she made a wrong call."

Aitana gasped in offence. "Am not!"

"Are too," Angel wagged a finger at her. "I've heard you mope about this for a month straight."