Penelope, the Solution-Maker

The last thing, or rather person, Aitana thought would ever show up at her house was knocking on her door, disturbing her sleep. It was the first time since she started working for the BAU that there was an actual day off. The term "day off" would still hang in the air until the actual full day would go by, but for now she should've at least had the morning off.

That being said, Penelope Garcia shouldn't be at her doorstep...but she was.

Aitana rubbed her tired eyes then looked Penelope over. "Okay, I know we've only really known each other for 2 weeks but how the hell do you manage to be this bright and colorful every morning?" Penelope's personality was solely described by those words but to have her clothes always match that description was beyond Aitana's comprehension. "My favorite color is yellow but I can't find the energy to wear it every day."

Penelope chuckled lightly and nervously. She was on a mission and what was more is that it was a secret mission. No one knew that she was here and by the time they did, she'd be done with what she had to say to Aitana. "You still look great," she said to her tired friend. "I love the pjs."

Aitana wore a set of loose-fitting, palm tree matching pajamas. Her lips quirked into a lazy smile. "Thanks. Do we have a case already?" She was sure that there were no house visits for the announcement of a case but then again she'd only been working for the BAU for 2 weeks so...who knew.

"No," Penelope shook her head, her neat curls bouncing with her. "But I need to talk to you. Can we?" With no suspicion of what was going to happen, Aitana nodded her head and allowed Penelope inside. "Very pretty house," she remarked as Aitana led her through the foyage. "Ample, too." Penelope spotted various family pictures on tables and walls. It was a very cozy place.

"Thanks, it was my parent's," Aitana said once she had led them into the living room. "I grew up here with my brothers."

"Aww," Penelope spotted the fireplace where a few more family pictures were set. She could spy a younger Aitana with the two brothers she mentioned. Her mother looked completely like her. "You live in your childhood home?"

Aitana shrugged. "As of late, yeah."

Penelope glanced at the woman for the odd choice of words. Aitana used to live with her best friend, after all. Aitana couldn't possibly know that they already spoken to Elia a few days ago and learned what happened between them. After the visit to Elia, they worked to come up with a suitable way to talk to Aitana without making her feel bad. She was going through a rough patch and needed to be gently turned in the right direction. Penelope thought that was fine up until it became too slow with no actual progress. Aitana still wouldn't speak to Spencer unless their work urgently called for it. He, in turn, didn't even try to fix things. Penelope understood he wasn't all that good talking to women but this was a woman he would be seeing all the time. There needed to be a solution.

"No offence Penelope, but why are you here?" Aitana finally voiced her thoughts after a few minutes of standing in silence. She admitted she wasn't quite used to having visitors around anymore. She hadn't even offered Penelope something to drink yet. Her mother would have her by the ear if she found about this.

"O-okay so no one else knows that I'm here," Penelope started off with because once she got to the touchy parts, she was sure that Aitana would automatically assume that the others had sent her.

"I would assume so—they sleep, right?"

Penelope smiled. "They're amazing, aren't they?"

Aitana nodded slowly. "Sure." She didn't feel like she had the best qualifications to determine whether or not that's true.