The Rogue BAU

"𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘶𝘺 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴 — 𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 — 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦."

————-««»»————

Aitana knew when she was being kept out of a loop. Being the youngest and with 2 brothers gave her a lot of experience. Growing up, Mateo and Angel always had little secret games that she wasn't included in for whatever stupid reason they had. But, she supposed that now it gave her an upper hand for these types of situations. She knew the signs perfectly.

Penelope was extra dodgy in the coming weeks. Lunches were cancelled suddenly and with a stammering ramble of an excuse. For Penelope's own sake, Aitana didn't push very much. Penelope didn't tend to keep secrets for fun. It was usually more out of need and because it wasn't her own.

Penelope Garcia was the worst at keeping secrets so whoever had trusted her with the secret in the first place had to know that no matter what, she wouldn't tell which meant that person had to be extremely close to her. They had to know her completely. That left Aitana with a very small list of suspects. She truly doubted Hotch and Rossi would entrust her with something big and personal knowing that she would eventually crack. That left Morgan, Spencer and JJ. Morgan was a little harder to be around with so she paid extra close attention to both Spencer and JJ whenever she came over to JJ's house for a study session. Neither really acted out of the ordinary.

"Hey, if you guys don't get a case, maybe we can do a little get together on Sunday?" She oh-so-casually suggested one evening after another successful tutoring session.

JJ was coming back to the table with a fresh round of coffee for the trio. "That sounds great. What are we thinking? Morning, evening?"

"How about lunch?" Aitana offered. That was right in the middle of the day. If they had Sunday off, they would be able to come unless they had some secret things to do. "We can have lunch at Angel's restaurant. Big discount for sure."

JJ agreed with a hum. "I like it! Spence?"

"Sounds good to me too," Spencer nodded. "A little reunion."

Aitana took notice of how easily the pair gave into the offer. She was very close to letting her suspicions go but she would need to wait until Sunday to be really sure. "Great, tell the others please. I would love to see them."

The plans were set that very night. Come Sunday, Aitana showed up at the restaurant near noon. Angel had already reserved them a large table to accommodate the entire team. Little by little, they started showing up.

Penelope was front and center, making herself known by complimenting practically every part of the restaurant. "It's just so lively and colorful!" she giggled.

Aitana chuckled. It was hard to believe that this was the woman who was holding a big secret. "I don't like to brag but I did help decorate."

"Right," Penelope said, her smile faltering slightly, "You and your—"

"Hey, hey," Morgan was the second to arrive, all smiles and full of hugs. "Been a while, Sprinkles."

"Yeah, I know," Aitana agreed. "You guys haven't fallen apart right?"

"Oh you know, not yet," Morgan said, pulling out seats for both her and Penelope. "But we are a little short-handed at the BAU. JJ still has to leave every once in a while for her classes."