Truth Hurts

It was early in the morning when the team got word of a new victim. Aitana was leaving her hotel room when she got another call from the one and only Penelope Garcia.

"Good morning, sprinkles!" Penelope's cheery greeting was quite loud.

"Sprinkles?" Aitana raised an eyebrow at the odd nickname.

"You know, because of your freckles?" Penelope made a gesture to her own face before realizing Aitana couldn't' see her. She did, however, laugh. "They're like cute little sprinkles on ice cream and donuts!"

"O-kay..."

"I hope your morning was good because it's about to change considering where I'm about to send you."

"Oh Lord, what is it?" Aitana came up to the elevator and pressed the 'down' button. "Or rather, who is it this time?"

"I just informed Hotch of another victim the police found and he wants you, Rossi and Reid to check the scene out."

"I don't mean to be ungrateful for the opportunity but why me, exactly?" Aitana stifled a yawn as she stepped inside the elevator.

"Your profiling skills need to be tested, my dear!"

"Right," Aitana sighed. She did, however, remember her plan she'd come up with last night and it appeared she would get to start it now. Maybe Hotch did give her a solid. "Hey, remember what you said about my file with all my information on it?"

Penelope barely covered her audible gulp. "Yeah..."

"Does everyone really have it?"

"Well, y-yeah. I'm, uh...I was nosy and I took a peek more than I should have. The others probably didn't do as much peeking as I did, honestly." They really didn't. Penelope cursed herself for not listening to Spencer and giving back that journal.

"But they did take a peek," Aitana concluded and knowingly left Penelope in a trap. She had to give a definite answer.

"...yes."

"Right," nodded Aitana. The elevator stopped and a moment later, the doors slid open. She spotted Rossi and Reid by the entrance doors of the hotel, probably waiting for her to come down. "Well I guess it'll be a good conversation starter, huh?" She added a light chuckle for Penelope's benefit.

"Aha," Penelope swallowed thickly. "Good luck, Sprinkles!"

Aitana hung up the phone and headed for the two agents. "Morning," she greeted them in a much calmer manner than Penelope had done with her.

"Morning," Rossi said first. "I assume Hotch filled you in?"

"Ah no, Penelope did. Also, does she normally greet people so loudly in the morning?"

"It wouldn't be Garcia if she didn't," said Spencer. "You get used to it."

"Shall we?" Rossi motioned her to walk first.

"Yeah," she nodded and took the lead. She rubbed a hand over her stomach. "I don't suppose either of you had breakfast delivered?"

"No," the two men chorused together.

"One of the guests was carrying a bag of what smelled like delicious strawberry strudel. I wish I had a strudel."

"You and me both," Rossi said, much to her amusement.

"Well not a strawberry one. I'm allergic to strawberries." Aitana took notice of their reactions to the disclosement. It was a simple revelation but a starter nonetheless.

"Fruit allergies aren't actually very common," said Spencer. Aitana could practically see the cogs of his mind turning as he continued to think about what he said. It was exactly what she wanted to see. "Only about 9% of adults are allergic to fruits. Most people are allergic to the common nuts and dairy."