A Chance?

"Spencer!" JJ had called for him to see the culprit advancing towards him—no, Aitana.

"I knew I'd find you at this stupid park," Miles Holloway was gripping a gun in his right hand that he kept raising and lowering as if he wasn't sure what his next move would be.

Spencer knew that it was exactly that—Miles literally had no idea what he would do to Aitana. Spencer didn't hesitate to reach for Aitana and yank her behind him. His only regret was not wearing the bulletproof vest.

"But Logan!" Aitana was terrified out of her mind for her nephew still on the playground. She had no qualms running towards the play structure.

Spencer did not hesitate to grab her arm and force her behind him. She wasn't thinking straight—he'd been there a few times himself so he knew that she wouldn't' think twice in running for the little boy.

"Out of the way," Miles ordered Spencer, waving the agent off with his gun. "It's between me and her."

"I can't do that, but we can definitely talk," Spencer replied.

Aitana was very aware of Spencer's discreet attempt to reach his gun. She knew it was impossible, it was far too prominent for Miles not to see his hand moving.

"I tried doing that," Miles snapped and took aim, though it was clear he was trying to fix it on Aitana. "But she said 'no'." He bitterly laughed. "Not once, not twice, but three times! She said 'no'!"

Aitana couldn't help the anger bubbling inside her. She tried to get in front but Spencer grabbed her arm halfway in her attempt.

"Don't," he muttered to her. He could see JJ from the side trying to get everyone she could to leave. He just needed a bit more time until he could either talk Miles down or have JJ get him from behind. "Listen Miles, it's tough getting a 'no' from a girl—I've gone through that many times but if you really do like her, you wouldn't hurt her."

Aitana appreciated Spencer's attempt here but she doubted Miles would listen. He was gripping that gun like his life depended on it. Somebody was getting shot and she would rather the bullet hit her than someone innocent.

"C'mon Miles," she called despite Spencer's clear glance telling her not to. "I'm sorry about this but...do you really want to hurt me now?"

"Why not?" Miles cocked his head to the side. "You hurt me. It's only right that you hurt too!"

"But you hurt others too! You don't just get to hurt people because somebody didn't want to go out with you!" Aitana made the mistake of snapping. Miles fired and though the bullet went past them, it didn't stop Aitana from shrieking and gripping Spencer's arm in the process. He didn't move with either action—his only priority at the moment was keeping Aitana out of harm's way. His arms expanded to cover more of Aitana and since she practically hid behind her, it wasn't that hard.

"Miles Holloway," JJ called from behind, "Put the gun down or the next time you hear a bullet, it'll be mine going through you!" She had zero patience left with him since he decided to fire at Aitana and Spencer. The only consideration she had wasn't for him but for Logan Serrano who was frozen on the playground, hiding himself while the entire thing happened.

Miles didn't seem to care about anything. "I don't think I will! I'm damn tired of all these people getting to live with everything they want. Mehcad kept talking about his fiancee and how they were finally setting the date! Gale was finally asking the 'girl of his dreams'—" he mimicked the victim's tone, "—out on a date! And Jones?"

Are you insane!? Popped into Aitana's head but she knew that if she said that, she would get another bullet and this time Miles wouldn't miss her nor Spencer. She swallowed down her anger to come up with a better tactic. "Just put the gun down, Miles, and we can talk. Before this, I...I knew you were a good guy. You always did a good job at the precinct—Mateo would tell me—and you were fun."