Chapter 38

"Dammit!" Shirou cursed under his breath. He couldn't believe Kiritsugu had targeted him instead of Kayneth.

If Scathach hadn't warned him, Shirou would have been caught in a deadly inferno while asleep. Unlike other Servants, he lacked the ability to spiritualize, and his physical body would have been consumed by the flames, killing him.

Thanks to Scathach's warning, Shirou was able to act quickly and use his Command Seals. He invoked an ambiguous command, "Let Caster escape from death!" to get a large amount of magical power. He then projected "Rho Aias: The Seven Rings that Cover the Burning Heavens," a powerful barrier that blocked the explosion and collapse of the house. With the help of this barrier, he was able to escape with the unconscious Ryuunosuke.

Ryuunosuke had already become a substitute sacrifice in Shirou's plan, but his death here would render the plan pointless. Shirou quickly grabbed Ryuunosuke and ran as fast as he could, but his eyes narrowed as he felt like he was being watched by many eyes.

Some of these eyes seemed to be filled with malice, while others had unknown intentions, whether they were hidden or out in the open.

"Dammit! Are they all after me?" Shirou cursed to himself as he continued to run. He had gathered enough information to proceed with his plan, but the problem was that many people were targeting him, wanting his life even before dawn.

"I can't die here!" Shirou gritted his teeth and pushed on. As long as he could hold out until dawn, he could take the initiative and carry out his plan, instead of being on the defensive as he was now.

However, Shirou was unaware that one of the sets of eyes watching him belonged to a sniper, whose rifle was aimed at Ryuunosuke, who was being carried by Shirou. The sniper was positioned on the seventh floor of an unfinished residential building and with just one pull of the trigger, "Bang!", Ryuunosuke's head would explode.

However -

"Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh" Seven black keys sliced through the night sky, their cold light aimed at the sniper, Maiya.

She is Kiritsugu's assistant, with a wealth of experience in bounty hunting and combat. She quickly rolled to avoid the deadly black keys. Glancing up, she saw the person who had fired them. It was a priest dressed in a dark blue clerical outfit.

Maiya remembered that this man was called Kirei. He was once a disciple of Tokiomi, but since he was also chosen by the Holy Grail War, he broke away from Tokiomi.

Kirei's tone was filled with overwhelming emotions as he asked, "Tell me, where is Kiritsugu?" Maiya, sensing danger from Kirei, naturally kept Kiritsugu's whereabouts a secret. With a squint of her eyes, she quickly pulled out a hand grenade from behind and hurled it toward Kirei.

As the hand grenade flew towards him, Kirei stretched out his palm and threw black keys to intercept it. But at the moment the black keys pierced the grenade, a blinding "whoosh" of light forced Kirei to close his eyes. Seizing the opportunity, Maiya quickly escaped.

"Over there!" Shirou, running at full speed, spotted the light on the tall building and his gaze turned cold. He didn't hold any ill will towards anyone, but someone was trying to kill him.

So, he had no reason to show mercy.

Raising his hand, he used the remaining magic power of the Command Seal to project 18 sharp swords that flew toward the building like a hailstorm of death.

"Boom, boom, boom--!!!"

The swords collided with the building in a deafening roar, sending plumes of dust and debris into the air as the structure shook from the impact. With a series of fiery explosions, the blades tore through the walls and windows, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake.