Chapter 69

Shirou led Spartacus towards the shore, but at that moment, the sky was suddenly filled with the sound of explosions. Several fighter jets sliced through the black fog, firing missiles at Spartacus.

"Boom!!!"

"Boom!!!"

The missiles hit their target, causing a thunderous explosion and bursts of fireworks-like flames on Spartacus's body.

Shirou looked at the fighter jets with a sigh, realizing that the military was now intervening. This was not good news, as it meant the impact would become even greater and the effort would be in vain.

"Roar roar roar roar roar roar --!!!"

Spartacus let out a long roar as he lifted a cylindrical building off the ground and threw it at several fighter jets that were flying above. The jets could not dodge in time and were crushed, turning into brilliant fireworks.

"Boom!"

Shirou had to act quickly, knowing that the situation would become dire once the military was fully involved. He led Spartacus to the riverbank in the Miyama district and with his innate skill [Clairevoyance C], he could see the "X" marked by the bomb that Kiritsugu had buried. He also saw Iskandar riding his horse, carrying Waver and Irisviel not far away.

He was aware that Kiritsugu was hiding nearby, holding the detonator and waiting for Shirou to lead Spartacus into the pit. Although Shirou did not want to admit it, he knew that his actions were aligned with Kiritsugu's plan.

Shirou was leading Spartacus toward the location where the bomb was buried.

"Ahhhhh----"

Spartacus let out a rage-filled scream and began pursuing Shirou.

The massive, burly figure chased after him, causing the ground to tremble with each step.

Shirou sprinted past the "X" point, then pivoted and watched as Spartacus rapidly closed in on him.

Here it is.

The moment was almost upon him.

Closer.

Closer still.

But then--

"Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh!!!"

Additional fighter jets appeared in the sky, raining missiles down upon Spartacus.

The explosion and assault captured Spartacus's attention, causing him to veer off course.

--This is not good!!

Shirou's heart pounded with anxiety.

At that moment, Artoria appeared, soaring overhead and standing in front of Spartacus. The invisible sword in her hand blazed with terrifying energy, the wind swirling around it.

The compressed wind surrounding the holy sword was suddenly unleashed, hitting Spartacus like a powerful hammer and forcing him back several steps, right onto the "X" mark.

——This is it!

Shirou raised his arms and bellowed, "Grant me the power to unleash my Noble Phantasm!"

Crimson light bloomed and the second Command Seal vanished, granting Shirou, who had only a small reserve of magical energy, another chance to unleash the full power of [Unlimited Blade Works].

Almost simultaneously, Kiritsugu hit the detonator.

"Boom——"

The equivalent of 52 kilograms of C4 and TNT detonated in an instant, obliterating the unsteady riverbank and causing Spartacus's body to plummet into the wreckage.