Chapter 74

Scathach and Shirou reached the Ryuudou Temple. As they approached the mountain temple, Shirou asked, "Is this the completely safe place shisho talked about? Is the floor tile here especially sturdy?"

Scathach shook her head. "That's not it. This isn't the time for jokes. And you wouldn't joke at a time like this anyway."

He smiled. "A great hero lives in my heart, and I won't be easily swayed anymore."

She was taken aback as she turned to look at Shirou, staring at his plain and youthful face and the eyes that seemed to blaze with dazzling light.

She gazed at those eyes, dazed. She had never seen such a beautiful and warm flame, an indescribable flame.

Finally, she could only say, "Your eyes... they're truly beautiful."

"My eyes have always been the same. Your eyes are the real beauty," Shirou said with a smile.

Beautiful... Scathach thought to herself. She was well aware of her own distortion and corruption, so how could she talk about beauty? And...

"Don't call me Shisho anymore. I don't deserve it, and I'm not worthy of it,"

Shirou's bright eyes were filled with confusion as he asked, "Why would you devalue yourself like this?"

"Because I lied to you," Scathach replied before turning on her heel and sprinting towards the temple.

"Lying to people is nothing new for me," Shirou said nonchalantly as he caught up with Scathach.

As they entered the temple, Shirou was taken aback by the immense power he felt being suppressed there.

He looked around and noticed that the surrounding monks seemed unfazed by their arrival, going about their chores with peace and mercy in their expressions.

"Shisho, what kind of place is this?" Shirou asked, his eyes filled with confusion as he followed her.

"It's just a temple like any other," Scathach replied, "but there is a special individual here."

"Special individual?" Shirou scanned his surroundings before settling his gaze on the monk in front of the main hall Buddha statue. The monk was kneeling, with long green hair like a bodhi leaf, and an expression of mercy that seemed to transcend the statue behind him.

Shirou was left in awe and disbelief, with a mix of surprise, amazement, and puzzlement on his face.

"Is that Shakyamuni?" Shirou asked as he approached the main hall, only to be stopped by the head of the Ryuudou Temple.

(P.S. Just like in Buddhism, many characters in the Nasuverse have achieved the title of Buddha. one of them is Shakyamuni. Saver-class Servant.)

"The Enlightened One is meditating and must not be disturbed," the head of the temple said.

Shirou stepped back and respectfully replied, "I won't disturb him." He was curious as to why Shakyamuni, a character in the Nasuverse was here, and why he didn't intervene to stop Gilgamesh's violence.

"The Enlightened One left a message for the master before he began his meditation," the head of the temple said.

"What message?" Shirou asked, eager to know.

The head of the temple answered, "The Enlightened One said, 'the mind that abides nowhere is at peace.'"

Shirou was momentarily taken aback before he smiled. He realized that it was Shakyamuni who had helped Tohsaka Aoi overcome her obsession and caused Sakura to leave home.