Chapter 86

"What exactly happened in Fuyuki City?" The captain of the Self-Defense Fleet stood on the deck, gazing at the distant mountains through his binoculars.

Since receiving the orders, the captain had been leading his fleet toward Fuyuki City. Intelligence reports indicated that a giant, similar to those of mythological tales, had emerged there. The captain initially believed that the individuals with superhuman abilities in the country were causing chaos and thus he brought weapons to restore order. Yet, he couldn't shake off a sense of unease.

As an ordinary naval officer, the captain was aware of the existence of mysterious powers, albeit to a limited extent. He knew that those who possessed these powers were typically high-ranking individuals, who wouldn't readily unleash them, such as his superior, Admiral Muto. This pattern was not unique to Japan but was prevalent in other countries as well.

Humans who possess mysterious powers occupy high positions and hold substantial influence, with some non-human entities even infiltrating the upper echelons of some nations and exerting significant control.

This is the reality of the world. Nevertheless, his superior had once informed him that even those with mysterious powers tend to avoid using them in public. Most individuals who possess such abilities prefer to live in solitude, devoting themselves to pursuing the mysteries.

The captain understood the information but found his superior's words to be cryptic and philosophical in nature. Nevertheless, from what he was told, individuals who possess mysterious powers were unlikely to take drastic actions or make moves that would have a significant impact.

However, what was the cause of the current situation? The entire Miyama city district was in ruins, with towering black smoke and a blazing sea of fire visible to the naked eye. The captain was at a loss, unable to comprehend the events unfolding before him.

He furrowed his brow, contemplating the giant from the intelligence reports and the black hole in the sky. Just then, a soldier exclaimed, "What in the world is that?"

The captain looked up and saw a golden and black light entwined, appearing like a meteor streaking across the night sky.

In the next instant,

The meteor slammed into the distant ocean.

"Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom----!!!!"

A thunderous roar echoed, causing the sea to explode and massive waves to rise. The warship, thousands of miles away, was nearly capsized by the heavy waves.

"Enemy attack! Enemy attack!"

The captain yelled. "Fire air-to-air missiles! Launch air-to-air missiles!"

"Negative, Captain! The opponent's movement speed is too high, we can't get a lock on them!" the soldier reported back.

"What! What happened to the air force? Where did they go?" the captain demanded.

"Captain, all fighter jets dispatched to Miyama have lost communication..." the soldier reported.

"Oh my God! What are they...what are they trying to do?" the captain muttered to himself.

The soldier was unsure of whom the captain referred to as "they," but he didn't dare to inquire further.

"Set a course for Fuyuki City immediately and stand by!" the captain commanded.

"Yes, sir!"

...

Two beams of light shot through the night sky, accompanied by loud, explosive sounds.

The black mud war machine, powered by sixteen small magic propulsion engines that emit intense magical energy with Shirou as its magical furnace, was in hot pursuit of Gilgamesh's Vimana.