Chapter 75

"What's happening here?" Kiritsugu muttered, his expression showing confusion.

It was 6:37, and the sun should have already risen above the horizon, even though it was autumn. However, there was no sign of the sun. Instead, the sky remained pitch-black, like a heavy curtain, and the atmosphere was oppressive.

Something incredibly strange had occurred at the church - a towering black structure had appeared. Just one glance at it was suffocating.

The city was already in turmoil from the attack by Berserker the previous night, which had destroyed many of its old buildings. While these structures were a hindrance to the city's modern development, they were also a part of Fuyuki City's history and had great historical significance.

Kiritsugu felt compelled to investigate the strange tower that had appeared. He suspected it was created by a Servant, and the presence of a suspicious Caster only reinforced this belief.

With the ominous aura surrounding the tower, Kiritsugu decided to bring Artoria along for the investigation. But a statement from Irisviel left him deeply concerned. "Be careful," she warned. "That thing is dangerous and strange."

Irisviel's health had also declined since the tower's appearance. She had become weak and pale, and Kiritsugu was forced to send her to Maiya for medical attention.

Knowing the risks, Irisviel was determined to increase his chances of victory. To this end, Irisviel gifted him with King Arthur's Avalon, taken from her own body.

Despite his worries for Irisviel, Kiritsugu nodded in agreement and set out for the church with Artoria. He took a defensive position, observing from a distance with his sniper rifle while Artoria charged the entrance.

Artoria had low expectations of Kiritsugu, but as long as he didn't force her to kill a child, she was content.

As she approached the church, she was confronted by a monstrous Assassin guarding the entrance. The creature's demonic appearance shocked Artoria, causing her to exclaim, "What are you?"

The hundred-faced Assassin let out a shrill cry, its more than one hundred heads all wailing in unison. Artoria prepared herself for battle as the monster lunged at her. She fought back with her sword.

"What is that?" Kiritsugu frowned, his confusion evident in his eyes as he held onto his sniper rifle.

Tick~ Tick~

The room was filled with the echoing sound of dripping water. Kiritsugu's attention was suddenly captured by a loud bang that reverberated from the ceiling. He narrowed his eyes and observed as the ceiling of the deserted commercial building collapsed, unleashing a torrent of black mud that engulfed him in an instant.

...

"Clang!"

Artoria and the abomination clashed swords. Despite the assassin losing its own Noble Phantasm "Delusional Illusion" It's also regaining its full capabilities, and yet Artoria still had the upper hand. The battlefield was slowly shifting towards the black tower.

"That's enough, Assassin," Kirei called out from in front of the tower. The assassin obeyed and retreated to Kirei's side.

Artoria, wielding an invisible holy sword, asked with disbelief, "That's Assassin? You turned Assassin into a monster?"

"Does it matter?" Kirei replied with a smirk, "King Arthur, I present to you the Holy Grail you have been searching for." He gestured to the ominous black tower behind him.

Artoria scowled. "What are you talking about? That evil presence cannot be the Holy Grail. You seek to deceive me."

"It is exactly what I am saying," Kirei chuckled. "The Holy Grail is before you. Whether you wish to destroy it or make a wish, the choice is yours."