Chapter 19

Camila was resting on her bed, not knowing what to do. She got out class hours ago, she wasnt given any type of assignment. Nicolas had texted her saying he was busy, so she didnt bother him. It wasnt until now that Camila had finally understood what loneliness felt like. She always had people around her. She always had a group of friends. Now, she only had Nicolas. Not even Nicolas was there all the time, he was mostly out partying or with Anna. Camila didnt have any hobbies. In fact she even quit her fan account she had a long time ago. She didnt talk with anyone. The first few weeks that she had moved to Mexico she would text with Dinah, but Dinah soon said that she had to stop texting Camila. Camila wouldnt say she was depressed. She was just longing. She longed for her friends. She felt the happiest with them. Now shes just stuck on the same schedule everyday. It felt like Camila was repeating the day over and over again. It was driving her insane. She didnt know what to do about it. She didnt want to get Nicolas or her parents into this mess. Suddenly, Camila heard a knock on her door. Camila opened it to find Nicolas, who appeared to be hiding something behind his back. "What are you doing here?" Camila asked confused. "I came here to give you something," He replied with a warm smile. He revealed what he was hiding, which was a black acoustic guitar. Camila's eyes lit up in excitement. She hadnt seen a guitar since her real father taught her how to play. After her parents got divorced she never saw a guitar again, in fear that it would remind her mother of him. Camila grabbed the guitar excitedly,"Thank you so much oh my god Nicolas!" Nicolas chuckled at her," No problem Mila, ill see you later." He left Camila in her own joy. Camila ran back to her room and sat on her bed. Its been years since shes touched the strings of a guitar. She was almost too scared to play them, as if they were fragile. Camila started to play a songs she loved, and was almost taken aback by the sound. She had forgotten how much she loved to play. Camila strummed the strings again finding happiness in the instrument. Maybe this us just what she needed right now. She started to play a song and sang along.

Hey there Delilah whats it like in New York city
Im a thousand miles away
But girl tonight you look so pretty yes you do
Time square cant shine as bright as you
I swear it's true

Hey there Delilah
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice, it's my disguise
I'm by your side

Oh it's what you do to me
What you do to me

Hey there Delilah
I know times are getting hard
But just believe me, girl
Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar
We'll have it good
We'll have the life we knew we would
My word is good

Hey there Delilah
I've got so much left to say
If every simple song I wrote to you
Would take your breath away
I'd write it all
Even more in love with me you'd fall
We'd have it all

Oh it's what you do to me

A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of us
And we'll just laugh along because we know
That none of them have felt this way
Delilah I can promise you
That by the time we get through
The world will never ever be the same
And you're to blame

Hey there Delilah
You be good and don't you miss me
Two more years and you'll be done with school
And I'll be making history like I do
You'll know it's all because of you
We can do whatever we want to
Hey there Delilah here's to you
This one's for you

Oh it's what you do to me
What you do to me.
(A/N I love this song and I was listening to it today and it reminded me of my fanfic dont judge me.)

Camila couldnt help but realize who she was thinking about while singing this song. She wouldve been crying by now if she didnt rarely cry. Camila continued to play and sing along to songs. Camila was soon falling asleep and let herself sleep.
____________________________

Weeks had passed and Camila decided to play her guitar out on the streets. She played songs some people requested, or some she enjoyed. She wasnt doing it for the money really, but some people had insisted on paying her. Sometimes Camila would see some sad looking strangers smile when they heard her music, it made Camila smile too. She wondered if the girls and Lauren would be happy for her. Camila's mom had found her playing once and while Camila was panicking, all Sinu did was compliment her daughter. Now, Camila was playing and singing to a group of people who had gained interest on her. Camila happily sang words and she knew it wasnt these strangers' first language, but she liked how they still enjoyed the music. Camila had finshed her song and was thanking all the people who were complimenting her or insisting on giving her money. Then, she turned her head around and was surprised to see a familiar face that she hadnt seen somce she was nine years old.