Chapter 17: ALBA & ERIS

"Open your mouth," Alba said and Eris did as told. Alba placed a piece of sweet bread on his tongue and Eris slowly closed his lips. Damp heat pooled in her core and she sucked in a breath. The bond between them started to glow, stretching out and connecting their two souls. It was a golden band, tying them together forever. It was perfect.

"And now open your eyes." Eris did again as told, his mouth dropped open and his eyes went wide. His fingers curled towards his palms and his throat worked on a swallow.

"I thought you might like me in red. It is your colour somehow, isn't it," Alba drawled, her fingers brushing up and down her sides before she took tantalizing steps towards her mate.

"I love you in everything, but red is definitely my favourite," Eris breathed, pupils dilating while roaming Alba's figure. Alba giggled in delight and placed her hands on her mate's shoulders. Eris' hands moved to Alba's hips and he wanted to pull her towards him, but Alba shook her head.

"Please, can you undress? I want to look at you. Really look at you. Every inch of your body. I want to see my mate fully. Explore you."

Alba's lips formed a grin. Eris stood, straightening to his full height. He towered over Alba. His lower legs still ached a little, the wounds not having fully disappeared yet, but the anticipation about what would happen soon made him forget all about it. Eris rolled back his shoulders, craned his neck and started to loosen his cuffs. Alba had her gaze locked with his, tempted to look down his body, but for now she was captured by his eyes. She had already seen him naked, but this now, in that very moment, was different.

There was only the light of a few candles and the soft flames of the fireplace that brought light to the room—it was perfection.

And Eris was perfection. The fire casted a shadow over half of his body, a smirk plastered his beautiful face.

He slowly unbuttoned his shirt and also as slowly as possible slipped out of it, revealing inch by inch of his chest. Alba eventually looked lower, eyes trailing over the strong panes of muscles, the faint dusting of red hair. The breath hitched in her throat when her eyes travelled to his lower belly, the perfect v.

Eris chuckled lowly and leaned forward to brush a kiss against her cheek, "See, that is what I have always been talking about. Those longing and lust-filled gazes."
Alba bit down on her lip, cheeks filling with colour. "And you have always been right."

Eris chuckled and his fingers started to toy with the laces of his pants. Alba moved her hands over his and once again met his gaze. "May I?"

"You may," Eris whispered and removed his hands form underneath hers. Heat filled every fiber of her body, dampness pooling in her core when she started to untie the laces. She removed them and finally let his pants drop, fingers now hooking around the hem of his undergarments. And she pulled them down.

And now he stood in front of her. Her mate. He was tall, broad shoulders, toned chest, strong thighs—he was stunning. Every inch of his body revealed, Alba found herself unable to speak. She looked at him and brushed her fingers over his exposed chest. Her fingers trailed lower on his torso, stopping on his belly button when she took slow steps to the side to surround him.

A tremor coursed through Eris' body at the brush of Alba's fingertips on the curve of his butt. And then Alba gave his rear a soft smack which made Eris laugh from the bottom of his hard.

"It should be forbidden to have just a perfect ass, Lord Eris," Alba breathed, her breath fanning her mate's back. "You are beautiful."

Eris hummed in delight, waiting for his mate to appear in front of him again. She eventually did and placed a kiss to his pec, before looking up at her mate. It was beyond Eris how beautiful Alba was. He cupped her face in his hands and kissed her. His lips curled against hers and he inhaled deeply, "Why did have to be so difficult for us?"