Chapter 3: ALBA

~present day~

Stretching her arms high above her head, a quite loud yawn slipped through Alba's lips. Moving one hand down, she ruffled through her hair, groaning into her upper arm. When she placed her hand flat on the bed to find her fiancé the sheets next to her already were cold. Quickly sitting up, the female looked around and found her fiancé stepping out of the bathroom, already fully dressed. Alba pouted, having hoped to have a rather slow morning with him. Their relationship was going downhill and that not only since she had made this intense eye-contact with the High Lord of Autumn. No...Alba had been falling out of love long before that, even questioned herself now if she had ever truly been in love with him. But since four months...everything got worse by the minute.

Four months.

Four months since she had had her run into with the High Lord of the Autumn Court. Four months of feeling like trash. Four months filled with fury, hate and...longing.

But it had also been four months of daily thinking and nightly dreaming about the fiery male. She over and over told herself that she could not think about him. He was not the one she was supposed to think about.

But it was there. This pull....some stupid primal part of her knew exactly what it meant. Some other, more rational part, knew that this was wrong. Especially for the reason that there was hardly anyone that Eris Vanserra despised more than her. And he had shown this in the past four months. Over and over again. Well, maybe he had hated his father a bit more but he was no longer there. And Helion. Obviously. The new High Lord wasn't too fond of his stepfather. She couldn't blame him, although she really did not understand his despise towards her. What had Alba done so wrong? Had it something to do with being Helion's second in command? Probably.

But she could not think about him, she knew that. She had a fiancé, a life that was considered to be perfect and she had to make this work. She had chosen Karzine and she had built this whole life up she could not destroy it.

"Why are you up? Already? Thought we could stay in bed a bit longer today?" Karzine simply shook his head while fixing the cuffs on his wrists. His short golden hair glowed in the morning sun and Alba knew he was handsome, but...but he wasn't the most handsome male she had ever seen.

"I have work today. I will be heading down to the war camps."
"What? You didn't say anything."
"I did. I told you yesterday." No, he had not. Pouting, Alba removed the blanket from her body and lifted her legs of the bed. The morning sunlight of early Autumn perfectly illuminated the room which drew a small smile on Alba's face. Not minding that she was fully nude Alba waddled up to her fiancé whose gaze moved from her thighs to her belly, lingered on her breasts and then moved to her face. "Try to do some exercise again, you are getting out of shape. I want it to continue that people say that my fiancée is the most beautiful female in all of Prythian. You know Helion's son has the pretty mate, you still are ten times hotter, but that can change rapidly."

Swallowing the lump in her throat and the sadness about what he had just said Alba simply dipped her chin. She did not want to fight with him, not when everything was already so complicated and not when he was just about to leave. "I will try to find time. But I have to go to the Night Court today," she told him. Karzine only as much as dipped his chin, moving Alba out of the way and heading for the door. "See you tomorrow or the day after tomorrow."

"See you. Take care and I love...you." But did she really though? She had no idea.

Alba stumbled over to the adjoint bathroom, going about her business. Draping a single piece of white fabric over her body after having slipped into some high waist panties, she tied a golden belt around her midriff to secure the flimsy piece of clothing. A female's body was there to show, there was nothing to hide, she told herself. And her fiancé wanted her to be the most beautiful female in Prythian so that was what she was trying to be. A golden cuff of a viper grazed her upper arm, similar to the one Helion used to wear daily. Her brown curls went into a high pony tale and finally flashing herself a fake grin she pushed herself of the sink and headed for the door.