Chapter 8: ALBA & ERIS

Waking up wasn't too hard for Alba as she had barely slept a second. She had no idea how Eris could have slept so peacefully next to her. It was all terribly twisted and messed up and the tightly-wrapped arm around her did nothing to make this situation better. At some point throughout the night the High Lord had crawled closer while sleeping, folded her into his arms and pulled her body flush to his. And Alba had let him do it. Now she did not know why, but it was so odd, it gave her so much peace and comfort. And warmth...gods, it was toasty with him so close to her body and under the thick blanket, Alba thought to herself.

Eris held onto her like his life depended on it and she wondered if he had simply forgotten that they actually had not ended their night in the best ways possible. The female felt like trash, regret and guilt colliding with fury inside of her. Alba wanted to get up and leave and put a line under all of this forever. But that would mean she had to wake the High Lord up. And waking him up would mean facing this situation and having to talk to him about what had happened and telling him that she regretted it even though she wasn't entirely sure if she really did. It had felt so good and so right.

Lying in his arms also felt so damn right, but then...also so very wrong at the same time. It was so very twisted, but his scent and warmth....

Alba leaned her head back and inhaled deeply. A small smile broke out on her lips and she had no idea where the hell that had come from. Wiggling her hips just a bit to get more comfortable she rubbed against the High Lord's front and gods—

Thoughts of the previous night came crashing in on her. He had felt so good and he had made her feel so damn good. Alba knew that she had never felt that way ever before. So seen and respected and worshipped although they actually hated each other. The odd ache between her thighs was another reminder of how well Eris had—

"Don't enjoy it too much, precious. We have to get up at some point."

Damn him. Damn her. Alba cursed under her breath, keeping her voice low enough for him to not hear her. Fury bloomed in her chest at his arrogance and what he had said.

Alba snapped, deciding to put the cards on the table in that very moment. "No one can know about it. Just fun. Just one time. An accident. I was frustrated and needy and you...I don't know...you were a male. It happened and stays in this hut. No one can know and—" Alba blurted out and Eris cut her off, "And especially your fiancé was what you were going to say, right?"

"Don't you even think about blackmailing me."

"I would never do something like that and I hoped you actually would have known that."

Eris harshly removed his arm from her, moving to sit on the bed. Agony coated his features, his jaw clenching and his eyes burning with guilt and pain.

And yes, Alba had actually known that but in that very moment she had gotten anxious. "I am sorry," she breathed and tried to search his gaze which he deliberately ignored. Sitting up, Alba bit down on her lip and reached over, but Eris shoved her arm away and got up.

Alba huffed and got up as well, fully neglecting that she was completely naked. "I did not mean it. I did not think that you were going to blackmail me. I was just getting anxious about him finding out."

Slipping his breeches over his legs Eris turned towards the Day Court female and let his eyes trail over her body. He was not ogling her, he was trying to figure out if there were any injuries on her. Injuries Lord Karzine had maybe caused her.

"Does he hurt you?" he questioned and Alba quickly shook her head. Too quickly.

"Does he hit you? You can tell me, Alba."