06

**

after jisung put his books back into his locker, he left the building to catch the bus home. it was 3:30pm.
as much as he was starting to appreciate minho, he felt terrible.

i'm such a burden.

i'm not good enough for them.

i'm so annoying.

he couldn't help these thoughts going through his head. minho and chan had offered to take jisung home, but jisung knew that wouldn't be a good idea.

his father was home. he didn't work every day, part of the reason why they could barely pay there bills. he worked at a convenience store. it was open 24 hours, so he sometimes worked night shifts. but today he was home all day, so he could be waiting for jisung.

jisung shivered at the thought. but he couldn't postpone going home any longer if he wanted to be able to go to school tomorrow. sure, he didn't like school, but it meant he wouldn't have to stay home with his father all day.

jisung sat at the back of the bus with his headphones in. he listened to his favorite song iris by goo goo dolls. it was the one song that sort of blocked out his thoughts.

but soon enough the bus arrived at jisung's stop. he smilied at the bus driver while getting off. his house was only a short walk from the stop.

**

jisung walked up to his front door. to say the least, jisung was scared.

he opened the door slowly, hoping not to make a sound so that he would possibly be unnoticed by his father.

well that didn't work.

jisung could see his father coming towards him. he was angry. why? jisung didn't know half of the time. or maybe it was just the way he was. always angry.

jisung was greeted home by his father with a slap in the face which sent him to the floor.

"you dirty fag."

jisung was used to these comments. the slap was hard, but he was almost numb to it.

dirty fag? can't ever come up with something new?

the same names every time. jisung was sick of it. but did he have the courage to fight back?

hell no.

**

minho said his goodbyes to chan as he walked into his house. he was greeted with a hug from his mother.

"how was school baby?" minho's mother said with a smile.

minho thought for a moment. "mm it was pretty good." he smiled. "i met someone new today."

his mother tilted her head. "and who might that be?"

"his name is jisung. han jisung. he is just a little younger than me, but we are in the same grade." minho paused. "he's a little quiet, but he's cute."

minho didn't realize he said that out loud. and he was blushing.

great.

"gosh i mean that in a normal way." minho sighed.

"oh really?" she said this with a small smirk. minho had already come out to her. she gave her full support, and was happy for him.