14

"jisung! wake up your going to be late for school!"

"noo! please let me stay home mommy, i'm scared of my math teacher."

"oh don't be ridiculous. i made pancakes! you'll only get them if you get up!"

"aghhh fine."

"they're so good!"

"i'm glad you like them baby. you better be off now. i'll be home late because i need to go to the store after work."

"okay! see you mommy!"

jisung slowly opened his eyes. his head was pounding.
"agh.." he looked around the room.

this is definitely not my room. jisung thought as he looked around. he recognized minho's room as he saw the picture of him and his mom.

he got up to turn the light on so he could see. walking past, he saw the clock read 5:00 am.

as soon as the light hit his face he squinted. gosh, so bright for what?

minho must of heard jisung get up because he came rushing into the room.

"ji are you okay?" his expression serious and concerned.

jisung just nodded sort of confused. and suddenly, minho wrapped his arms around jisung. "you scared me so bad ji."

only then did jisung remember the chaeyeong and jungkook situation.

a tear fell from jisung's eyes.

minho immediately stopped the hug and grabbed his shoulders. "what's wrong?"

he didn't mean to start crying, but he was so tired of chaeyeong. "i hate her so much minho."

minho watched as jisung cried. hate her? didn't jisung come to her first? weren't they dating? "what happened?"

jisung looked into minho's shiny eyes. "it's all for show. s-she said she would tell everyone about what my father does to me if i didn't pretend to date her. a-and i don't even know how her b-brother found out but he wouldn't stop hitting me and-

"he did this?" minho askers quietly. minho wasn't even fully aware of jisung's home situation.

jisung was almost frightened at how serious minho's face was. "y-yes." he wiped his tears from his cheeks.

minho brushed jisung's hair out of his face with his fingers. he looked at the bruises on his face. "so it was all fake?"

he nodded his head. "everything. and i never asked her out." jisung looked down, not knowing what to do. "why me? i'm nothing, no one even knew i existed."

"she's a bitch. and your not nothing." minho put his hands on jisung's face to have him look him in the eyes. "ji, your perfect. don't say those things about yourself."

jisung put a soft smile on his lips. does he really think so? "and don't worry. i will deal with them." minho said as he gently pat jisung's head.

"how? it's not like they'll stop." jisung wasn't sure on how minho would do it. besides, he didn't even have any proof.

"don't worry about it. let's put more ointment on your cuts."

jisung looked down. he didn't even realize how bruised up he was. "okay."

minho grabbed jisung's hand as he walked to the living room.

jisung felt his stomach turn. minhos hands were so much bigger than jisung's. they fit right together.

"okay, this might sting." minho said as he opened the tube, and reached to pull up jisung's sleeve.

jisung realized that minho would see the scars on his arm, old and new. "wait."

minho looked up. "what is it?"

jisung didn't feel like hiding it from minho any longer. "c-can you ignore the scars?"

minho realized what the boy meant. "sure." he gave the boy a reassuring look. "do you want to talk about it?"

jisung shook his head. "not yet. i'm s-sorry." he said looking down.

minho touched jisung's arm again. "it's okay. whenever you want to talk about, let me know."

jisung watched as minho put the ointment on his fresh cuts.

minho hesitated before putting it on the newer scars from jisung's own doing as well, not looking at the big scar on jisung's arm.

jisung smiled at how the older took his words. he really trusted minho now.

jisung remembered how early it was. "i'm sorry if i woke you up, it's really early."

minho smiled. "it's okay, i'm glad you did. i was worried about you."

minho put the cap back on the bottle and set it aside. "does your head feel okay?"

jisung nodded. "i have a headache but it's not too bad right now."

"that's good. i'll grab you some ibuprofen." minho got up to walk to the kitchen.

as he left, jisung looked around the living room.

there was a family picture on the wall. dressed nicely, minho sat in between his parents.

jisung was reminded of his own mother. how his family used to be put together, how his dad wasn't always drunk and annoyed, how his mother always cared for jisung, and the car accident-

he shook his head at the thought. maybe, if he didn't wave, his mother would of seen the car on the wrong side of the road. she could of had time to move.

jisung looked down at his arm, seeing the scar he had gotten from the broken car window.

suddenly minho came back, and saw how jisung looked at his arm. he didn't mean to see, but he noticed how big the scar was. what is it from?

"here you go." he said as he handed him the medicine.

"thank you." jisung replied as he took a sip of water to  get the pills down.

"let's skip school today ji." minho said as he looked at the clock.

"really? you wouldn't mind missing?"

minho laughed. "of course not." minho leaned back on the couch, and patted next to him, meaning for jisung to sit next to him.

and he did so with a smile, which made his heart flutter even more.

"we'll have fun tomorrow. we can deal with those two later, i promise." minho said looking at him.

"what are we gonna do?" jisung couldn't think of how to stop them.

"i have an idea, don't worry. i know it will work."

jisung smiled.

______________________

finally an update after 100 years 😭🫶

i hope everyone is well!!

i love this picture  🙈🙈

i'm going to try to update everyday this week!! <33
hope it makes up for all i missed 🥲

i appreciate comments and votes!! 🩵
-✌️