19

it turns out that chaeyeong and jungkook had gotten expelled. jisung had found a video that one of his classmates took of the two being told to leave the school.

with this news, jisung couldn't be happier. he wouldn't have to worry about them anymore.

"min, come and see this!"

with that, minho walked to the table, where jisung was sitting.

"what's up?" minho asked looking at the bright boy. when he looked at the phone, he looked at jisung and smiled. "i told you it would work out, didn't i?"

"you did." jisung looked back at the table. "thank you min."

minho began to pat jisung's soft hair. "of course. i'm always here for you now, okay?"

another smile lit up jisung's face. "okay." he then remembered that he would have to go back home, it was the weekend.

minho could tell that jisung wasn't happy about it. it was true that he didn't want him to go back, but he knew if he didn't, his dad would find him, maybe even at school. "should we get your stuff together?"

jisung sighed. "yeah, i guess."

as the two boys gathered the small amount of things jisung had brought to minho's house, jisung couldn't stop thinking. what will he say to me when i'm home? what will.. he do to me?

minho was nervous as well, but he tried to hide it for jisung. "okay, is that all?"

jisung nodded as he picked up his bag.

they walked to minho's car, not saying anything. but when they began to get closer to jisung's house, he couldn't stay quiet anymore.

"min, i'm scared."

minho looked at jisung who basically stuck to his seat. "i know. and i'm sorry that we have to go back here."

jisung started scratching his leg through his sweatpants to calm him down. "how long do i have to stay?"

"not long, i promise." he looked down to see jisung's scratching himself, so he put his hand over his, to have him stop. "it's okay ji."

we're here. jisung thought as they made a familiar turn into his driveway. he looked at his fathers car in the driveway.

the back of the car was open with a lot of stuff inside. what is he doing?

"are you ready?" minho asked as he held jisung's hand.

of course he didn't want to go, but he knew he should go now instead of later. "yeah."

minho began to get out of the car, but jisung pushed him back down, which made minho confused.

"i want to go by myself."  of course he didn't really want to, but he was scared his father would do something to minho.

"oh." minho looked at jisung's house. "are you sure?"

jisung nodded before grabbing his bag. he was a little hesitant, but got out of the car.

minho rolled down the window so that jisung could hear him. "i'll be outside for a while, okay? if you need something just text me or something."

heading for the door, jisung nodded. he was sort of pretending that he wasn't terrified of what his father would do, but it was obvious he was. minho watched carefully from the car, not wanting him to go inside by himself, but trying to obey him by staying in the car.

as soon as jisung walked in the door, he expected his father to come running up to him, but that didn't happen.

all he heard was some noise upstairs. what is he doing? it wouldn't do any good if he just snuck in his room, because his father wouldn't even know he was in there.

i'll just tell him i'm home and go to my room. he took a deep breath and walked up the stairs.

he took a peak in his father's room, and saw that almost everything was gone, put into bags or collapsed down. is he remodeling?

"d-dad i'm home." he stood awkwardly in the doorway waiting on a response.

his father was putting stuff into a black trash bag. "of course you are. just perfect."

jisung was confused. what was he doing? his father didn't seem to care that he was here, so he was about to go to his room, when something caught his eye.

an eviction paper.

his father was getting ready to move, and he wasn't even going to tell jisung if he hadn't come home.

quietly, he went to pick up the paper. "did w-we get evicted?"

his father stood up and jisung could immediately tell he had been drinking. his face was all red and sweaty, and he didn't look happy.  he walked towards jisung and snagged the paper from his hands.

"no, i got evicted! since when did you pay the bills around here? never."

jisung flinched as his father ripped up the paper into shreds.

"wanna know something? i wouldn't have gotten evicted if i didn't have to pay for your stupid schooling. have fun paying that as well because i'm not paying anymore."

jisung tried to back up, as his father was getting pretty close, but before he could, he took hold of jisung's sweatshirt and pulled him closer.

"i also had to pay for your mother's hospital bills because some kid decided to put her in the hospital." he sighed before shoving jisung into the wall. "none of this would of happened if you hadn't been here!"

he was yelling. and it was loud.

as scared as jisung was, he hoped minho didn't hear what was happening inside.

"have fun living on the streets!" his father said in a low, loopy voice. he was obviously drunk.

jisung sat there watching his father throw stuff in a trash bag.

but he suddenly stood up, when he saw his father throwing away his mother's old paintings.

  _______________

haven't updated in what feels like a year but update!!
hope everyone is still enjoying this ff!
comments and votes are super appreciated bc
it gives me motivation to update 😂
remember to take care of yourselves!
- ✌️