20. Sparkle

After Daeron was born Blyana took a trip to old town larys asked if he could accompany her. She of course said yes. She couldnt say yes fast enough. Viserys was trying to do some family bonding with his new grandson, his new son and Rhaenyra and Alicent. But Rhaenyra birthing a bastard and still claiming herself all high and mighty, untouchable Alicent wanted to rip her head clean off. 

Blyana couldnt get away from the capital fast enough. She kissed her niece and nephews goodbye and heard alicent and Rhaenyra hissing at each other but Alicent was trying to keep her composure, trying to be a good queen but they were in an espically moody mood today. 

Blyana couldnt wait to go home but she hated the jounry. Blyana also couldn't fall asleep the night before so she tipped into Larys on the carriage ride, falling asleep against him, he wrapped a gentle arm around her as she curled into his side falling asleep on the bumpy path. Larys hoped for Blyana's sake that she slept the whole ride. He had a lot of time to think of what he would say to Otto to convince him that Blyana was the love of his life and otto should bless their union. 

Larys father was wrong. Once otto saw how great they were together he wouldn't be able to say no.

"Are we home?" Bly mumbled when the carriage stopped. Larys peered out the curtain covering the window.

''They stopped to let the horses get some water from the stream.'' Larys informed her. Blyana nodded eyes still closed as she nuzzled into him. His hand gently grazed her thigh and he could see this life together. He wanted this life, he wanted Blyana forever.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Blyana questioned.

"You." Larys answered. "Always you." She smiled back at him, kissing him.

+

Otto was glad to have Blyana back, he was confused why Larys was here but blyana told him Larys and her were together, he was courting her and Otto blinked back at her. She wanted to say daddy, I'm in love with Larys but thought the vein in his neck might pop already. 

Otto spent the supper glaring back at Larys. This wasnt a good start. Blyana reached over though grabbing Larys hand and it settled his nerves. Blyana told Otto how wonderful Larys was, how smart he was, told Otto about the cake Larys found and bought himself for Alicents name day. Larys smiled back at her, he didnt need her to say all this but he was glad because Larys was wrong and Lyonel was right, Otto was never going to agree to a union no matter how much Blyana and him loved each other. 

Blyana helped clean up and kissed Otto's cheek goodnight. Blyana grabbed Larys hand saying she would show him to his chambers while he was staying here but she brought him to her own chambers. 

"Blyana." Larys tsked as she pulled him closer.

"What? I am just showing you my room." She answered innocently. "Gods I havent been back here in forever it seems." 

It wasnt that long but it felt like it with Rhaenyra and Alicent's final moons of pregnancy being a lot for everyone. Then Jace was born, thick black hair and Viserys just smiled. Alicent hated- Blyana hated it too that Viserys loved Rhaenyra and her bastard child more than his children with Alicent, why marry Alicent, for himself upon her if he didnt give a damn about Aegon, Helaena, Aemond, or Daeron... or Alicent. But she was trying to focus on the good and right now that was Larys in her chambers.

Larys looked around her room, touched the trinkets before moving to her collection of books. She smiled as she watched him. 

"I knew you would go for the books." Blyana remarked smiling as she leaned back on her palms.

"Impressive collection." Larys agreed.

"I want to bring them back to the capital with us." Blyana remarked. "Maybe not all of them but... maybe." She added.

"This is pretty." Larys remarked touching a tray of jewelry.

"That was my mothers." Blyana said stepping closer. "Ali wasn't one for jewelry and... well I never had anywhere to wear them but I liked how they sparkled." Larys picked one up delicately and held it to Blyana's neck.

"You already sparkle." Larys informed her before putting it back down. 

"Stay." Blyana requested Larys hesitated. 

"I think your father would have some strong words to say about that." Larys countered and he needed to make a good impression if he was ever truly going to have Blyana as his. 

"Stay, please." She pulled him to the bed. Larys followed her to bed and slipped off his shoes. "Just sleeping." Blyana assured him. Larys smiled as she curled into him. "Just... sleeping." she repeated against his lips. He felt her cold fingers trailing over his stomach, grazing his ribs as he leaned into her. "Larys." Blyana whispered resting her forehead against his. He pulled her body flush to his as he kissed her, hands tangled in his hair he kissed her fiercely. She tugged at his shirt wanting more as her lips stuck to his. 

"I want to this right." Larys remarked softly as he pulled away just slightly his hand still trailing over her hip. "I want to ask your father for your hand."

"Really?" Blyana breathed back.

"Really. You are my forever. I know it." She kissed him again she couldn't not.

"He will say yes. I know it." Blyana assured.

When otto came in with Blyanas tinctures and teas the next morning he saw larys in Blyana's bed and Otto nearly died. Not his baby. Not with him. No. Blyana deserved better than that. Better than a second born crippled son.