42. Optimal Access

"Everyone keeps saying that but what if they're wrong? What if I never claim a dragon? What if–"

"Aemond. Listen to me. When Aegon was your age, he used to fuss over the same thing. He only acts like he does now to make up for it but before he has Sunfyre, he dreaded being dragonless." Blyana assured. Aemond blinked at her.

 "Really?" Aemond countered. She nodded kissing his forehead.

 "I once saw him cry over it." Blyana agreed. "Dont worry my love your time will come."

"Daeron has one... claimed Tessarion and those bastards eggs hatched!"

"Aemond, you dont need to stoop to Rhaenyra's level, you are my good boy." Blyana reminded him. Aemond bit the inside of his cheek, but he nodded back at her. Blyana ran a hand down his back kissing him temple and she felt him relax into her. 

"Do not drive yourself mad with worry my sweet, sweet boy. One day, I know you'll be a great dragonrider. Maybe the greatest dragonrider in the world. Just as you'll be a great fighter if you keep up your training. Just as I know you are already the smartest little boy with your studies. Just as I know you are the sweetest boy." Blyana declared. 

"Thanks amah," Aemond whispered holding onto her. 

"Anytime you need me, I'm right here baby." Blyana agreed. 

"I suppose I should get to the pits anyway..." Aemond offered. 

"You are my smart boy and when the time comes for you to claim a dragon, you will be ready." Blyana declared. 

"Thanks." Aemond agreed hugging her again before he moved to the door. He smiled back at her and she blew him a kiss. 

"I love you honey!" Blyana called

"Love you," Aemond agreed before heading out. 

"Thank you." ALicent declared when Aemond left. 

"I believe what I said, he will have a dragon." Blyana declared. 

"He's so sad about it all the time, they have their stupid lessons-" Alicent stroked the little tabby cat that lay curled up on Blyana and Larys bed. "-damn fucking dragons, why can't he be content with a cat like your children?" 

"Oh, Teo wants a dragon." Blyana assured. "Aegon- why is he being difficult? Is this the preteen years I am going to hate?"

"Seems so, he is soo moody." Alicent agreed. 

"Hormones and stuff going wild." Blyana offered. 

"When do boys start needing to... wank off?" Alicent pondered. 

"How would I know that?" Blyana countered. 

"Maybe he needs to just release some of those hormones is what I mean, I dont know. I dont know how to talk to him about anything these days, he's a shit head." Alicent decided. 

"Ali! He's your son." 

"Yeah, which is why I have the right to call him a shithead!" Alicent agreed. 

"He's a growing boy, things will get better... we will get the kinks out with your children so when my children get older they will be perfect." 

"They already are." Alicent corrected. "Father left us both presents I see."  Alicent picked up the book. "He left me one that he knows I will never read, I will bring it to you." 

"Wonderful." Blyana agreed. "He did try, its your own fault you dont like reading anymore." 

"He tried, but I have four children and seven kingdoms to run." Alicent remarked. "Thanks for talking to Aemond, love you!" She declared as she headed out. 

"Love you!" Blyana called after her. Blyana turned back to her book smiling down at the inscription, Otto always wrote a little note on the inside cover, Blyana loved that her library held little memories from her father. 

Blyana was reading a book when Larys found her. 

"Kids are in bed, two out of three are asleep." Larys informed her. 

"Super dad." Blyana declared. He leaned his cane up against the couch as he sat beside her. she shifted her position, putting her shoulder closer to him. That's all the cue he needed. He began rubbing her shoulder, tracing small circles over the edges. It's not a lot, but it's enough to send his heart beating out of his chest. He didn't know how long they sat like that with him rubbing her shoulder, but the attraction between them built more and more with each second. At least for him it did, it always did with her. He found the edge of her shirt collar and slipped his fingers under the fabric, tracing over the side of her collarbone. Her skin was warm against his touch, burning the tips of his fingers with each brush of his hand. They play the game all over again, him drawing a circle pattern over her shoulder, but this time under her shirt. She leaned into his touch as they door pushed open. 

"Daddy I want a story." Teo declared and Blyana looked to Larys, he didnt move, entranced by her still. She pressed a kiss to his cheek. 

"Thats you." Blyana reminded him. 

"Dont move." Larys whispered Blyana nodded turning her gaze back to her book. She heard their footsteps leave before Larys returned. 

Her eyes watched him as he sunk down beside her. He took the book from her lap and set it on the table in front of them.

"My book." Blyana remarked confused. 

"I stuck a bookmark in." Larys assured. 

"What are you doing?" she countered. 

"Removing all the obstacles, so I have optimal access." he answered, he leaned in, kissing the sides of her cheek and jaw. Her arms wrapped around his body, and her head dipped back. His lips trail down her skin. 

"Optimal access." Blyana repeated laughter filling her, her laughter vibrated against him as she held him closer.