17. Broken Like Me

Larys felt out of place. Blyana was beautiful, smart, brilliant, the apple of Otto's eye. 

Larys was used to the rude comments and stares but he suddenly hated it because he wanted to be strong and whole and he felt broken as the knights claimed him to be as he passed. But it was as if Blyana could read his mind. She blew him a kiss and Larys smiled back at her. Worries fading away with that sexy smile. 

She moved quickly to him and he felt like goliath untouchable, larger than life, strong as Blyana looked only at him, no one else

She moved quickly to him and he felt like goliath untouchable, larger than life, strong as Blyana looked only at him, no one else. They watched her but it was as if they did not exist. 

"Hi, you having fun?" Blyana questioned. 

"I'm..." his hand tightened on his cane rocking it slightly as he looked for the right words to say. 

"I like that you're broken, broken like me." Blyana assured wrapping her arms around him.

"You are not broken." Larys assured. "You are my perfect Blyana."

"And you are my perfect Larys." Blyana countered. "Dont listen to them, I certainly dont." she assured. "Is that what are you worried about Larys?" Blyana pondered. "Those idiots?"

"Not when I have you by my side, your face, your voice blocks out all those idiots." Larys agreed. 

"Then whats with that face?" Blyana questioned touching his jaw.  "It's a handsome face," She assured. "But..." Instead of answering he pulled her into a warm and delicate kiss.

+

That night Blyana convinced Larys to stay with her in the library, the fire crackling and Otto wouldnt fault them for staying together if they were in the library and just so happened to hall asleep in each other's arms. 

Larys flipped casually through a book not reading it, he couldnt take his eyes off Blyana as she tried to find the right blanket to clothing ratio. 

"It's a science." Blyana informed him when she caught him watching her. 

"I see that." Larys agreed. She took off her top layers, leaving her in her under dress and a big sweater. She added three blankets, then another small one wrapping it around her head. Larys tipped his head to the side as he watched her change blankets and exchange them before settling on two blankets, one thick but breathable, the other heavy, little metal fragments sewn into the blanket to make it heavier, it calmed her, kept her from running away in her dreams too. Then the one on her head. She smiled back at him. 

"Comfy?" Larys pondered, she leaned into him and he wrapped his arms around her, tossing the book aside she held tight to him. 

"Perfect." Blyana agreed tilting her face to kiss him. He moaned into her mouth as his hand fisted her hair. Her leg draped over his and cold toes curled into him.

"You're freezing," he whispered as her hand slid up his shirt.

"Shit circulation." Blyana agreed as her body arched into his touch. "Hence, blankets galore." 

"I will keep you warm." Larys agreed holding onto her as her cold toes buried under the warmth of his legs. "Goodnight Blyana," Larys whispered against her lips. 

"Goodnight." Blyana echoed kissing him again. 

His hands trailed over her skin as her toes and hands stole the warmth of his legs and her hands buried under his shirt, he smiled as her hand trailed up and down his skinny chest. 

There was nothing more perfect than falling asleep in the warmth and security of the one you love.