56. Pirates

Wither / Jaime Lannister out now!

''The Hand, Your Grace.''

''Say your peace.'' Alicent muttered

''Now, what peace is that?'' Otto questioned

'I've conducted myself in a manner... unbefitting my station. Or any other. I lost composure... assaulted the Princess. Already the word is spreading, the gossip speculating that I've gone mad.' Alicent remarked through a sob.

''All true.'' Otto agreed. 

"Father you are supposed to lie to make her feel better." Blyana tsked. 

''I disgraced myself. And ensured my husband's favor will forever rest on her.'' Alicent said with a sneer.

"It was always going to be stuck on Rhaenyra." Blyana assured. "You were the perfect wife and he was still never going to love you, not like he loves Rhaenyra." 

''And yet... I've never seen that side of you, my daughter. I even doubted its existence.'' Otto added.

''It was an ugly thing. I regret it.'' Alicent remarked softly. 

''We play an ugly game. And now, for the first time, I see that you have the determination to win it.'' Otto corrected. 

''Rhaenyra..'' Alicent began.

''You see her for what she is.'' Otto told her.

''What the King's stubbornness has wrought. What will he say to me?'' Alicent said miserably.

''He'll forgive you. What else can he do?" Blyana assured. 

"Now go to him, be penitent, plead the injury to your son. Keep a grip on your passions. And I promise you, in time, you, Blyana and I together will prevail.'' Otto declared.  ''What that rogue Aemond has done in winning Vhagar to our side.''

"Are there sides?" Blyana questioned. 

"Of course there are." Otto agreed. "And we are going to win it in the end." 

"Seems like a long and desperate road, a losing road." Alicent whispered. But otto shook his head. 

''The boy was right. It's worth a thousand times the price he paid.'' Otto agreed. 

Blyana couldnt sleep that night. She was worried about Aemond. Aemond might as well have been her baby. 

"I'm okay, Uncle Larys got me some stuff that tasted gross but it doesnt hurt as much." Aemond assured as she blew out the candle sitting on the edge of his bed. 

"You were so brave today. So tell me love, what was it like riding a dragon?" Blyana questioned. 

"Magical." Aemond agreed. 

Blyana stayed in Aemond's bed that night and he talked to her until the morning light filled the room. 

"Thanks for staying with me." Aemond whispered as she put her shoes back on. 

"Of course, anything for my boy." Blyana agreed kissing his forehead. 

"Can I have some more of that stuff Uncle Larys got me?"

"It's hurting again." Blyana realized. 

"A lot." Aemond whispered. 

"I will see what he gave you." Blyana agreed. "I will be right back." She assured. 

When she got back to her chambers she found larys readying the children for the journey. 

"I will make Aemond some more, its best fresh." Larys remarked before she even said a thing. 

"Thank you." Blyana agreed before plopping down face first into the covers and screaming and sobbing out. Larys sat down rubbing her back. 

"He's going to be okay, he has you and me and together we have enough medical expertise to be a maester." Larys remarked. "He also has the best aunt in the world." 

"Best uncle Larys that has a magical feel better potion." Blyana added as she rolled over. 

+

''I've asked them to have wine ready for you on the ship. To help you sleep." Alicent remarked putting a blanket over Viserys he groaned in pain ''I'm so sorry. Viserys...'

''We will speak no more of it.' Viserys corrected closing his eyes. 

"Odds are he forgets by the time we get home and we have to reexplain what happened and we can leave out the vulgar bits," Blyana offered. 

"I like the way your sister thinks." Otto agreed. 

"I have to get the kids settled." Blyana remarked as she headed onto the ship. Bellamy held tight to her hand. Daeron held Lucia, his hair being pulled on as Lucia laughed out. "Such a trooper you are, Daer." 

''Fire is such strange power. Everything that House Targaryen possesses is owed to it. Yet it has cost us both what we loved. Perhaps the Velaryons knew the truth of it.'' Rhaenyra remarked as her father sailed home.

''The sea is the better ally. Fire is a prison. The sea offers an escape.'' Daemon agreed. 

''A perversion of justice. The young prince... defiled. An outrage." Larys remarked limping up to Alicent

''Indeed.'' Alicent agreed softly.

''If it's an eye you want to balance the scales, I am your servant.'' Larys offered. Alicent glanced back at Blyana and Aemond, Aemond's face held a little smile despite everything, he smiled as he held to Blyana. 

''That will not be necessary. But your devotion has not gone unnoticed. These are dangerous times. The day will doubtless come when I require such a friend.'' Alicent told him softly. ''With not only skill but discretion as well.''

''I shall await your call, my Queen.'' Larys agreed before moving back to Blyana. Alicent watched them. They were the cutest couple. Larys pressed a kiss to Blyana's cheek when he got to them and she smiled leaning into him. 

"You know when the eye heals there will be a pocket, if you wanted I heard of a man that found sapphires the size of walnuts. I'm sure he would be willing to part with one for you." Blyana remarked. 

"That would be cool." Aemond agreed. 

"And you could be like a pirate!" Teo declared. 

"With an eye patch!" Bellamy agreed jumping up. "Yeah, yeah, you will be a pirate! Can we all be pirates mama?"

"We are on this ship for two days, " Blyana agreed. "Lets test it out."