Chapter 8- Decision

Chapter 8- Decision

When Qiu Chen opened his eyes the first thing he felt was a ridiculously heavy head. Zhao Yichen was sitting by his side looking at his face, his thoughts not showed on his face. He noticed Qiu Chen waking up. He should be happy, he was going to be a father, and his lover was also okay. But he could not be happy for some reason.

"What are you thinking?" Qiu Chen asked furrowing his brows due to the discomfort.

"You are awake? Wait a minute!" Zhao Yichen hurriedly helped Qiu Chen sitting up. He handed him over some water.

Xiao Li, who was waiting at the door, came in followed by the maids carrying foods. They arranged the dishes by the bed. Xiao Li was happy in her heart. But seeing the grave face of Wangye, she didn't really dare to show it on her face. She along with the maids bowed to the Wangye and Wangfei and left the room without any word.

Zhao Yichen took the bowl of the clear porridge and took it to Qiu Chen's mouth intending to feed him, "Have something. It's already dark outside. You must be hungry. You still have to take medicine."

Qiu Chen looked at Zhao YIchen's face fixedly. If he still could not tell that something was bothering his man, it wouldn't be Qiu Chen. But he decided to eat first. It is true that he was hungry, and he felt weak to the bones. It was different from normal exhaustion. But as soon as he took the first sip of the porridge, he felt like throwing up. But the loss of appetite he felt these days was not there. It was just he smelt a fishy scent in the porridge. It may be some herbal nutritious ingredient, he thought. Suppressing the slight nausea, he still drank the full bowl. But he refused anything more, he was already at his limit.

Zhao Yichen put down the bowl. He called for servants to put away the dishes, and told Xiao Li to brew the medicine personally.

"Now can you tell me what happened? Am I seriously ill?" Qiu Chen asked. He was not worried. Even if he was seriously ill, he could just use the system to cure it.

"Baby, you are not alone anymore," Zhao Yichen replied. Qiu Chen saw the first glimpse of happiness in his eyes from the time he woke up.

Qiu Chen had a bad premonition, "What do you mean by not alone anymore?"

Zhao Yichen touched his belly lovingly and said, "There is someone else here."

Someone else? In his belly? Qiu Chen stared at his own belly, then at the man. The man seemed to be happy despite the frowning.

But that was not the matter. The matter was, he was with a child? He almost forgot that his body could get pregnant in this world. He never mentally prepared himself for this. He also raised a kid with his husband in the last world. But the thing is, he had to carry the baby. HE. HAD. TO. CARRY. THE. BABY. INSIDE. HIM. FOR. MONTHS. LIKE. A. WOMAN. It was not like he was disrespecting women, but he had been a complete man all his life. Getting pregnant was really a big deal for him. Was he unwilling? Yes. Does he hate the thing inside his stomach? No.

Qiu Chen touched his stomach subconsciously. He did not bother hiding his expression. Zhao Yichen could see the unwillingness in his face. This made his mood even worse. His hand on Qiu Chen's belly tensed.

"Do you not want him?" Zhao Yichen asked somewhat cautiously.

"What if I don't?" Qiu Chen asked back.

Zhao Yichen kept his face down. His face turned darker than the bottom of a pot. He loved this person in front of him. He wouldn't make him give birth if he really didn't want the child. But that meant killing the unborn child. He could not do that either.