Chapter 7- Qiu Chen is a Good Kid

Chapter 7- Qiu Chen is a good kid

It was a specially modified jeep with dual protective layer outside and frequency based trackers and navigators along with various communicating devices of the same kind but different ranges available inside. The floor of the Jeep was equipped with arms and refills while some ration was stored at the back. Eleven people got on the car. Ji Anming sat in the driver's seat due to his ability of sight. Yan Changyi, as the Captain, sat in the passenger's seat with one Qiu Chen squeezed between him and the window. The cause of this as the Mighty Brigadier announced, "Not enough place for everyone due to the ration stacked".

After going for about four hours the van stopped. Yan Changyi spred a map which was marked in red and blue ink. All the teammembers had seen it previously. It was a copy of the map that An Qing followed. Qiu Chen glanced at it casually, "So, this is where they were last traced?" It was not a question, so one answered him. All looked out the window as if to see any clue of the lost team.

"Cai Xiang, follow me out," Yan Changyi said as he got down from the van. Qiu Chen got down before him to make way for him.

After the three left the van Cai Xiang was ordered to use his psychic ability to locate any zombie or human movement. Qiu Chen was not quite sure about the ability of Cai Xiang, so he used the syste, panel to search. Not after long he found the existence of a herd of zombie about 10 kilometers ahead in the north-east direction. The problem is that the zombies are rather developed. According to the data stored in the system, it should be level three. After finding what he needed to know Qiu Chen kept silent and waited for Cai Xiang. If he really could not do it, he would find a way to lead the team to that direction.

(A/N: I am changing "mind power" to "Psychic Ability")

After waiting for about 15 minutes Cai Xiang opened his eyes. He reported to Yan Changyi, "I can sense some zombie presence in the north-east but I can't say how far it is. Something is strage about the zombies. It feels like they're surrounding something but I can't sense it."

Yan Changyi gave a short nod and signaled him to get in the car. He also hopped on with Qiu Chen with him and commanded Ji anming, "Head north-east".

After going for about 20 minutes Cai Xiang asked them to stop, "The zombies seem to have developed. If we go any further, the zombies will sense us."

So they parked the van there. Leaving Wu Jing and Guan Shi behind to keep guard the rest marched to the zombies. It was a long walk and they did it as quite and fast as possible. Not long after they saw the zombies. And the zombies sensed them too. They rushed towards them in an unbelievable speed for their rigid limbs.

This was the first time for Qiu Chen to see such horrid creatures in broad daylight. Last time he saw them was in the night so he overlooked many things. He felt nauseous looking at those things and had the urge to hide behind Yan Changyi. As if he saw through the disgusted expression of Qiu Chen, Yan Changyi took a step forward shielding the boy from the view.

"What the f*ck you think you're doing! MOVE AWAY!" Qiu Chen scolded in an irritated tone, and at the same time rushed forward.

Yan Changyi saw the teen throw a tantrum again and was about to call him back. But then he saw what he missed the other day. The boy was running forward with fire in one hand and water in other. He shot two zombies at the same time. But the zombies this time were stronger than the previous ones. As a result, instead of turing into a mush of rotten flesh, they were only losing a bit of while moving forward. Yan Changyi furrowed his brows and rushed forward with striking down the zombie who almost reached Qiu Chen with a thunder bolt. After it fell down Qiu Chen used fire to burn it all the way. Other members also joined the fierce battle.