II

*:・゚✧*:・゚Tobio *:・゚✧*:・゚

Kageyama didn't know what to do with himself. He felt a strange, intoxicating type of excitement and curiosity that he only felt when talking about and playing volleyball when he looked at her.

Sure he'd heard about the concept of soulmates through passing conversations, but he never really thought much of it, deeming it to be folklore since his parents didn't look to be soulmates, not that they were around enough for him to tell.

The girl he had just made eye contact with was stunning. Long dark brown hair and striking green eyes. Tobio had never cared enough for anything besides volleyball to notice people's appearance before, but something about this girl really stole his attention.

He wasn't sure what a crush felt like, he had never had one before. Was this a crush? Was it a fleeting moment of interest? Or was it something more?

He followed her with his eyes until she disappeared into a classroom at the end of the hall, class 1-4, leaving him in the crowded first-year hallway, she had broken eye contact with him mere seconds after the contact was first made yet he couldn't help but hope she had noticed him.

This was completely different to anything tobio had ever experienced before, his heart beating in a way that only happened when he was setting a ball or when he won a game, and he wished for a split second that the childish belief of soulmates was in fact a reality just so he could live in his fantasy a little longer.

Except Kageyama Tobio knew that he would never approach her. he knew that soulmates weren't real, and so he hoped that his interest was nothing more than a schoolboy crush. He was young after all and these things happen.

Though he knew in the back of his mind that there were now two things he cared about.

Volleyball and her.

His heart belonged to her and she didn't even know it. He didn't even know her name and yet he wanted only her and no one else.