003

|| EVERY MOTHER'S SON ||

|| EVERY MOTHER'S SON  ||

_____

THE COMPOUND

There was a table full of food in the open area of the compound. I walked up to it and ate a grape. Hearing footsteps I turned to see Klaus, "So... which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?"

"Certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this." Klaus informed me.

"Hmph. Then I guess we have Elijah to thank." I assumed.

"This wasn't my doing." Elijah said, appearing out of nowhere.

"Then where did this all come from?" I asked a little bit confused, then the tray top moved, startling me a bit, "Oh!"

Nik opened it and birds flew out.

"What the hell was that?"

Nik picked of the letter on the tray saying, "An invitation for our mother.

                                        __

"Esther, kind of makes me glad I never knew my mother." I said, sitting up in the bed.

"We have enough enemies here. And now the war for our home is to be fought against my own family." Klaus stated.

"Your wretched mother and her disciples tried to put a carving knife through our babies heart. I will happily add to the body count." I told him.

"You'll do no such thing." Elijah walked in the room, "Esther's a master in the art of possession. We know whose body she currently inhabits. We must decipher her intentions before she finds a new host." He's always telling people what to do and how to do it, but he is my brother-in-law so I deal with it.

"Well, her last invitation was an assassination attempt on all her children. I think we can assume her intentions are decidedly foul." Niklaus added. Everyone had changed, the Esther I knew wouldn't try to kill her children.

"Well, then, we have this afternoon to prepare for the worst." Elijah said, before walking out.

As he left I rolled my eyes.

"Where is your friend, Hayley?" Niklaus asked me.

"She is in Mystic Falls doing something, I think." I answered him, I am sure she had to fix things up with Tyler. I don't like Tyler very much, he didn't even know me and he kidnapped me and tried to kill my children.

__

I had gotten a call from Oliver informing me that someone was working with Esther. I walked downstairs into the dining room where Nik was, "So I guess letting Oliver live paid off. He just informed me that Esther is working with someone. Another witch."