005

|| RED DOOR ||

THE COMPOUND

It had been a while since I've heard from, Nik. Hayley, told me that he is most likely fine, but I can't help but worry. So I called him, the phone he answered on the second ring, "Hello?"

"Nik." I smiled hearing his voice, "You've been gone for a while."

"I had something important to do." He told me.

"Who is that?" I heard someone ask.

"Nik, when are you coming back, I have to tell you something." I said to him.

"Alora, I'll be back in a while, okay?" He responded to me.

"Alora?" The other male voice spoke.

"Who is that?" I asked him.

"I'll tell you later. Okay?"

"Okay." I added.

__

MARCEL'S LOFT

I just got a call that the children are safe.
I walked into the main area of Marcel's Loft to tell him, "So those werewolf kids you helped get out of the Quarter made it to the safe house up north."

"Great. My good deed for the decade." Marcel tried to hand me another drink.

"No thanks, maybe the vampires and us free wolves can work together after all." I said.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Marcel stated.

"Anyway thanks for helping." I smiled, this was the beginning of a new friendship.

"Don't thank me, thank Elijah." Marcel told me.

" I would've, but I can get ahold of him. I went to the compound thinking he'd be there."

"Really?" Marcel questioned it, "I thought you always have tabs on him."

"Nope, that's Hayley. I have them on Klaus except not today, Hayley said she hadn't seen him, he wouldn't just disappear though, especially since his parents are in town." I told him.

"Last I knew, he was gonna keep the wolves distracted." Marcel informed me, "Your boy Oliver was gonna help him."

"I couldn't track Oliver either." I said. "If they're both missing..." I started to walked off.

"Where are you going?" He asked me.

"To find them." I responded.

"Not on your own, you're not." Marcel followed me out.

__

THE LAST PLACE ELIJAH WAS SEEN

I called Niklaus before walking into the building, "I'm a tad busy. What is it, Love?" He answered the phone.

"Something has happened to Elijah. He was supposed to be our decoy last night and now he's vanished." I told him, "There's blood everywhere, werewolf and vampire. There's a trail. I need you to help us track it."

"Well, as much as I'd like to help find my brother, I have pressing matters at the moment." He spoke.

"What's more important than your own brother?" I asked him.

"My life. Davina had Mikael on a magical leash and it broke. Now mikael has Tunde's blade, the white oak stake and-" Niklaus trailed off.

"And what, Nik?" I demanded an answer.

"And Cami." He finished, "I'm gonna get her back. And then I'm gonna end this. Either Mikael or I will be ash by day's end."

"Nik, don't say that." I told him, I couldn't bare to lose him again.

"If you do find my brother, please, tell him I could do with a hand." Niklaus hung up

"Maybe we should help him, I can't have my husband dying." I said, putting my phone in my pocket.

"Or you could find another one." Marcel replied.

"Nik is the only love I have ever known, he gets me. I doubt that I could find another like him."

__

Marcel and I were at an abandoned warehouse, Marcel was outside doing something. I had just walked in seeing Nik on the floor with the white oak stake in his heart.

"No!" I yelled running to him, "What happened?" I asked Camille as I pulled out the stake.

"His father did this." She told me, "I think something went wrong, because he got mad when Klaus didn't burn."

"So he'll be okay, right?" I asked her.

"I don- I don't know."

"Nik, please be okay, you can't leave me." I held my head against his, "You can't leave, us."

"What is she doing?" I heard mikael ask.

"Stay the hell away from us." Camille told him, "Or I swear to god, I'll kill you myself."

"Come on, Nik. Wake up!" I yelled, I'm pretty sure I was about to cry, because my vision blurred, "Please."

"You have a warrior's heart. Perhaps I'll keep it as a souvenir."

I heard fighting, I assumed Marcel was now in here, I turned to see and he was in the floor, with Mikael holding a wooden stick towards him yelling, "Now enough! Thus night as been a long parade of fools. I'll enjoy killing every last one of you." Mikael said, always so violent.

Nik gasped awake, "You're okay." I smiled, kissing him before I went to help Marcel. Mikael was about to kill him. I vamped to him, siphoning him, not purposefully, but who cares.

Mikael grunted, as he feel to the floor, I walked over to where everyone was, standing next to Nik.

I stood next to Nik as he walked up, "It's over, Mikael. You're outnumbered. Are you going to beg for your miserable life?" Nik asked him.

Mikael laughed, "You thing having people makes you strong? It proves how weak you are. Come find me when you don't have fools, women, and children fighting your battles." He threw the stick, vamping off.

__

Nik and I were still in the abandoned warehouse. I think everyone else was outside.

"I thought you were dead." I touched where the stake was.

"I almost was, you pulled the stake out in the nick of time. A moment longer and I would have been done for." He joked, that wasn't very funny.

"Why didn't you kill him, when you found him?" I asked Nik, he seemed so eager to do it before.

"Did he hurt you?" Nik asked ignoring my question.

"No." I shook my head, I think it had something to do with Camille because he changed the subject.

"You know, in a thousand years, I think it's the first time I've seen him run." Nik said.

"He was weak, he killed the only father figure I've known and hurt the love of my life. Next time if you don't kill him, I will." I smiled, giving him a peck on the lips.

"He knew he was outmatched." Camille and Marcel walked in.

"We checked the perimeter and he's definitely gone." Marcel added.

"I appreciate your assistance." Nik told Marcel.

"Oh, hey, you die. I die. Just call me selfish."

"Yeah. You die, a lot of people die. Including some of my closest friends. But, Nik we have another problem."