008

|| THE BROTHERS THAT CARE FORGOT ||

                                     ____

____

I was putting on my shoes to go to the bayou, Aiden was freaking out, Jackson and Hayley were already there.

I went downstairs and Nik was at the table with Elijah, Finn, and the other boy. I walked towards them, "Where are you going?"

"To the bayou." I told Nik, kissing him.

"I'm shocked you didn't leave him." Davina's boyfriend said.

"Who are you?" I asked him, I thought it was Kol but I wasn't sure and I didn't want to assume or get my hopes up.

"Deya, how could you forget me? I'm truly, hurt." It was him.

"You are Kol!" I yelled, giving him a hug, "I should've assumed. I've missed you." Happy tears started to pour out of my eyes.

"I missed you." He smiled, different body same smile.

"I have to leave, but when I come back, I have questions for you." It was one question, still a question. I left the ball room headed to the bayou.

__

The Bayou

I walked down to where Hayley, Aiden, and Jackson were, "Anybody suspect it was you?"

"No." Aiden shook his head, "Not yet, but they're gonna figure it out which pretty much means I'm screwed unless we come up with a plan."

"Call a meeting." I said, announcing myself, "The whole pack, tonight. If they're so scared, I need the time to convince them they need to leave Esther." I walked by Hayley.

"She gave them moonlight rings." He held his hand up, showing me like I didn't know.

"Those rings make you slaves." I reminded him.

"No, they make us powerful. We were exiles before, now we run the city. Vampires are scared of us, and no one, including me , is gonna walk away from that becau-" Aiden raised him voice.

"Set the damn meeting." Jackson stood in front of him, then walked away.

Aiden looked at Hayley and I before he walked away.

Hayley and I went to where Jackson was, "So are you gonna work in a rousing speech or just get day-drunk?" Hayley asked him.

"Little bit of both." Jackson answered.

"Jack, it's 10 a.m." Hayley took the can away from him.

Jackson stood against the cabin wall, picking up a journal, opening it. "You know, for months. I wrote down what Ansel said. An entire history of our people. If only I'd know he was Klaus' father, I would have asked him a hell of a lot more. You know, I was up all night looking through this trying to find something... anything that'll help me figure out how to get our people back together." I had a feeling that he was talking about ritual, but I wasn't sure.