007

|| Chasing the Devil's Tail ||

_____

Ever since we got Elijah back, Nik has been trying to get through to him. I walked into Elijah's room, where Niklaus was trying to enter Elijah thoughts, but I assumed it was a fail because Nik unintentionally turned, grabbing me.

"I assume your head dive didn't work?" I said in a more questiony tone.

"Esther has locked me out." He answered me, sounding sad.

I saw a mark on his neck, so I pulled his shirt down a little, it was a little familiar, "Doesn't this look familiar to you?" I moved back to let Nik get a better view.

"I haven't seen this since I was a child. You remember when Mikael used to return home from battle?" He asked me.

"I remember." I spoke, holding his arm.

"If she has access to that plant now, then maybe it also grows in the bayou. You stay here with your wolves and mind the fort." Nik kissed me on the cheek, before he started to walk away.

"I'd rather drain your mother of her magic, its very painful I'm told." I looked at him and smiled.

"Stay clear of her. I mean it, Deya. She already got to you once. I don't know what I would do if she did something to you." I could hear the worry in his voice.

"I won't go after her. I promise." Nik looked into my eyes, I suppose he was looking for a break, then he left.

"Are you really not going after her?" Hayley walked in.

"I'm not going after her..." I looked at Hayley, "I'm going after everything she loves."

                                       __

MARCEL'S LOFT

"Where's your alpha?" Marcel asked.

"Unavailable." I told him.

"So you brought junior varsity? You know, I'm getting a little tired of you using my place as a den for wayward wolves." Marcel complained to me.

"Well, we're going to take down Finn today and considering how he treats you and your little-- band of vampires... I assumed you'd be willing to take part in it." I informed him on our being here.

Marcel sat up in his chair, "I'm listening."

Hayley, Aiden, and I sat down, "Well, ahem, it's not gonna be easy. He's surrounded by a pack of juiced-up wolves. He doesn't have a weakness."

"He does, actually." Marcel corrected Aiden, "And I have her on speed dial. He's got a thing for Cami."

"Eh, I don't think that's a good idea. Klaus cares for Cami. I'm not sure we should get her involved." Hayley protested, when did she care about what Niklaus thinks, "I mean, you being in on it is already risky."