016

|| 𝙎𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙈𝙮 𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙡 ||

                                       __

__

Hayley and Alora walked out of the cabin, Jackson, Aiden, and a few of the other wolves were sparring, "I can't believe that you're letting a child killing psychopath in your home."

"Sociopath, apparently." Alora corrected her, watching Aiden and Jackson, "And he's not a threat to me or my kids, because we aren't apart of the Gemini coven."

"Is it your job to take up for psychotic supernatural killers?" Hayley asked Alora, tilting her head.

"I am getting, really tired of you and your comments about me and what I do." Alora told Hayley.

"Ah!" Jackson yelled, causing the two women to look his way, "What the hell?"

"You left yourself wide open." Aiden stated, hold his hand up to Jackson.

"It was your idea to come out here and spar." Jackson responded, walking closer to him, "I'm doing this for you."

"Oh, for me?" Aiden portend at him, "You're the one leading a pack of super wolves. How long before they decide that they don't wanna take orders from you anymore, huh? Because the only way you can stay alpha is by always staying the strongest."

"You guys done?" Hayley yelled, with a coffee mug in here hand, "This macho stuff is cute and all, but don't make me come out there and kick both your asses."

__

Alora was in the cabin with Alex talking about her Klaus problems, "His heart is probably in a good place."

"I know, but Nik and I both agreed that Jackson would still lead the pack, since they'll listen to him. It's like I'm all alone in this, and I can't possibly side with Jackson because Nik will get all jealous and territorial, then I might have to worry about Dahlia and her first born curse—" Alora cried, her tears were not because she was sad, they were because she was overwhelmed, and frustrated she had so much on her mind.

"Hey." Alex wrapped her arms around her sister, "You'll be, okay. I'll come stay with you, help you with the triplets—"

"You need to tell Klaus to lay off Jackson!" Hayley yelled walking into the cabin.

"You need to leave." Alex told Hayley, stopping her from going towards Alora.

"No, Jackson thinks the pack is gonna turn on him, Klaus needs to leave the pack out of whatever he's doing." Hayley walked up to her.

Alora stood up, eyes glowing yellow, causing Hayley to take a step back, "Almost everything I've done these past few months has been for you and Jackson. I'm tired of you and your little comments about my family and what I do. If you are so worried about what Nik is doing to Jackson why don't you got to him with your bloody problems, Ugh." Alora yelled causing the lights to flicker and Hayley to fly out of the door. When Alora realized what she did, she felt bad, she knew Hayley didn't deserve that she just came at the wrong time.

"Deya. It wasn't your fault." Alex told her little sister, "Here. Take a deep breath in." Alora did as her sister instructed her, she took in a deep breath. "I think you've spent enough time in the bayou, let's get you home." Alex grabbed Alora's hand, walking her out of the cabin.

"Sorry, Hayley." She whispered, giving her a sympathetic look.

"You've changed, You let people yell at you— boss you around. What happened?" She asked her sister.

"Pregnancy, I didn't have enough time to adapt to the new world, because I ended up getting pregnant a few weeks after I— woke up. So, I kind of started to let people tell me what to do, and I guess that's what changed me. I've been trying to go back to the way I used to be, but it's kind of hard. Everyone is used to pregnant Alora, who does whatever they want." Alora answered her sister, as they both got into Alex's car.

"If you really want to go back to the old you, then you should start with those who never met the old you, then work up to Niklaus. Or you could just, simply tame that wild beast of yours." Alex's suggested, Alora laughed looking at her sister.

"That's smart, I didn't think of that."

__

ALORA WALKED OUT OF HER ROOM, LEANING ON THE RAILING.

"We need to talk," she declared, just as Klaus was about to take a sip of his drink.

Klaus sighed, "Do we indeed? Have you come to express your gratitude at the courtesy I've shown your friends or perhaps you want to thank me for my efforts to protect you and your pack?"

Alora walked down the stairs, "All this tension with you, Jackson, and the wolves, we need to put it behind us. Give Jackson the space he needs to run the pack as he sees fit. You promised me that you'd let him lead the pack."

Klaus chuckled dismissively. "Did you really think I would ever agree to let Jackson control the wolves?" he questioned her.

"He's on our side, fighting for our children, Nik!" Alora shouted, her frustration with her husband evident.

"You know, I've spent all day with people who claim to be fighting for our children. Some I trust, don't I do not, but one thing is for sure. That there is only one person that I trust when it comes to my children's safety and that person is me." Klaus started to walk away from her, "You know, you all seem to think this is a democracy. I assure you, it is not. If Dahlia is coming, then she is a threat to my children. Which mean I decided how to protect them. No one else."

"That's where you're wrong, Niklaus. You are not the only one willing to go to extreme lengths to ensure our children's safety. I am their mother, which means I also have a say in how to protect them, not just you," Alora asserted, poking him in the chest before storming off.

From across the room, Alex couldn't help but grin as she taunted, "You're lucky she didn't have a bow."

Klaus swiftly retorted, "You're lucky that you aren't dead."

"You wouldn't kill me, because you know that if you do, you'll lose the only person who truly loves you, unconditionally." She replied, "Although, considering everything you're putting her through, that love may no longer exist."

As she spoke those words, Alex noticed Klaus falter, revealing a chink in his armor. She was testing him, probing to see if he still held love for her sister, and she had no intention of stopping there.

Klaus abruptly looked up, fixing a piercing glare on Alex before turning away and walking off, his departure signaling a mixture of defiance and unresolved emotions.