{7} - The Ruthless Run

" Do you love papa?" I asked mama who looked like a princess laying down with me

" Do you love papa?" I asked mama who looked like a princess laying down with me. Her face glowed brighter than the moon and her eyes showed only happiness.

" Of course, I love him, sweetie." She smiled at me, her hands working against my scalp to play with my hair softly. I sighed and got out of bed, getting out of mama's arms. Mama watched me intently and shook her head lightly when she saw me carrying a small glass container back to her.

I opened the container and the minty smell quickly hit my nose, but I put some on my finger and sat on mama as I rubbed the balm on the purple spots.

" Will I have magic marks when I'm older, mama?" I asked, continuing to apply the balm on all the magic marks.

I could feel her looking at me but I kept my mind focused on my task. " No love, you will have the most gorgeous glow instead."

I frowned and looked at her confused, " Why don't you have the gorgeous glow? Why do you have the magic marks?" I asked. Mama never stopped smiling at me, she put both hands on my cheeks and guided my face down, kissing my forehead before hugging me tightly to her.

" Sometimes, the fairies make wishes for us, sweetheart," Mama whispered to me. I didn't entirely understand what she meant, but quickly, in mama's arms, my sleepiness returned and in just a few minutes I was already asleep on mama.

Hugging her with a smile on my face.

Running

Running.

People think it's always about actually using your legs to run, but that's not always the case. In my case, it is always my brain running. It never rests. It runs and runs and has never felt the breath of relief that you experience when you reach the finish line.

But today, after escaping the monster in the room, my brain seems to be sprinting instead. Sprinting so fast, scared that if it told my eyes to look back, my body would get shot.