{18} - The Brewing Storm

1, 2, 3

1, 2, 3.

4, 5, 6.

7,8,..

I choke on the next number and try to force myself to continue, but my lips refuse to move. They tremble non-stop and cries threaten to tear from my throat, but I fight the urge and keep them in.

My whole body shakes in fear and I try to stop helplessly crying so Papa doesn't punish me for it. I hold my breath for a few seconds, counting them all over again.

1, 2, 3.

4, 5,..

Exhale.

And as soon as my heart palpitations calm down for a fraction of a second, I hear Papa's voices from afar almost as if he knew to never let me rest.

I stopped trying to fight and break free, I could never.

I wasn't strong, I was weak. I was not the one in charge, I had to be on my knees and willing to submit.

I had to suck up my stupid, useless soft heart and get a hold of myself. It's how I've been taught to do it, and all of my lessons happen for a reason.

Papa is not a good man, that is something I now know. I also know that he is not my Papa, I don't accept him as that. But it won't matter if I like him or not, in the end, I just need to always stay on his good side to avoid his anger.

I don't mean to, but my whole body flinches when the door to the room slams open.

The metal chains cuffed against me rattle and the sound echoes across the room.

As if my thoughts summoned him, papa appears in the doorway with a man next to him. I don't bother observing either of them, knowing to keep my gaze down as I'm taught.

I hear a pair of footsteps as they walk towards me, and the man stares down at my naked body.

I feel his heated gaze roaming me from head to toe, but I stay quiet and keep my gaze down.

When the familiar sound of the chains opening up echoes in the room, I quickly scramble to the floor and kneel in front of the man.

My body shakes and I can't tell if it's from fear or pain, but it shakes so badly that I feel my internal organs vibrating against my ribcage.

" I'm impressed." His dark voice resonates in the room as he pets the top of my head, grabbing a hold of my hair before pulling my head back to look up at him.

" And you'll find it more impressive when you see the work she is capable of doing. Do you want to show him, princess?" Papa speaks, changing his tone to a stern one as soon as the question is directed towards me.