Chapter 2- Two Widows

Chloe jumped onto the roof of the car, finding it not an obstacle at all that it was moving. She broke through the window and threw Agent Sitwell out. The winter soldier joined her, firing bullets through the roof at their targets. The car came to a sudden halt and the soldier flew off the vehicle, landing a few feet in front. Chloe jumped back onto the Hydra car behind just as it began crashing into the one holding the Avengers.

The Winter Soldier jumped yet again onto the roof of the enemy car, sending his metal arm through the top and yanking out their steering wheel. He then accompanied the Scarlett Widow on the Hydra vehicle. Captain America, the Black Widow and the Falcon then parted from the car on one of the doors.

The car stopped and Bucky jumped down, behind given his gun. He fired at the targets, the shot sending Captain America flying into a bus. Another rain of fire from the accompanying Hydra agents forced the other two Avengers into hiding. The Black Widow escaped, the Falcon remaining unseen.

Shots from below cracked The Winter Soldier's goggles, he fell back, pulling them away from his face. "Go after the girl, I'll find the other target." The older assassin spoke to the Widow beside him, a Russian accent coming in strongly as he spoke the language. Chloe gave a nod, jumping down onto the bridge below to hunt the redheaded hero.

She strolled casually past groups of screaming citizens. She paused, a voice catching her attention. She recognised it as the Black Widow's voice though something told her it was wrong. Chloe knew if this was the Avenger and her random feeling was wrong, she'd gave punishment soon after.

She slowly rolled a bomb to the location of the voice. It went off. Silence. The Scarlett widow turned, the Black widow jumped towards her. Chloe rolled away, immediately jumping up to fight her opponent. "You again? You stalking me or something?" The redhead asked sarcastically. "I assure you; it's not my decision." Chloe sighed.

There was a back and forth of kicks, punched and blocks between the two. Skill wise they were about matched, it was clear though that the super soldier serum was giving Chloe the higher up. As the avenger jumped onto her back she forced her off, sending her crashing into a car. Just as Chloe got her gun to shoot, the Black Widow flicked something towards her.

It connected with Chloe's head, sending fiery shocks of electric pain through her head. She screamed in pain before she was able to rip it off (her goggles along with it). She sat on the floor for a moment, looking around at the destruction around her. What the hell was she doing?

She shook her head and got up. "Can't fail another mission." She told herself, forcing her body to get up and follow the Black Widow. She spotted her running away and aimed. She fired and watched as the Avenger yelled out in pain, falling to the floor behind a vehicle.

Chloe jumped up onto a car beside the one the redhead fell behind and aimed once again. The Hydra weapon turned her head as Captain America lunged towards her, shield in hand. Before she could defend herself, The Winter soldier jumped to her side, his metal arm connecting with the shield.

Momentarily stunned; Chloe watched the two fight. Just as she pulled herself out of her trance and readied to help her partner she was knocked onto the floor by the Falcon. "Stand down!" He ordered, weapon aimed at the girl. Chloe looked over to see the Black Widow's weapon also aimed at her. "Ha! Fair play." She let out an faint laugh. She cursed herself internally for the feeling of relief she had at the thought of dying to the avengers rather than living and facing punishment by Hydra.

Cars started to pull in. So much for getting away from Hydra. Chloe stood as the avengers were arrested. "Go with them, we can't afford another screw up." Chloe was ordered. She nodded and climbed into the car holding the world's heroes.

"It was him," Captain America said, staring at the floor. "He looked right at me, he didn't even know me." Chloe looked over at the black Widow after hearing the Captain's words. There was an air of familiarity about her, like they had met before, spoken before, perhaps even had a friendship before. Chloe just couldn't place it, no matter how hard she tried.

"How is that even possible? It was like seventy years ago." The Falcon spoke up.
"Zolo. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zolo experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall." Steve said, his tone thoughtful yet tense. "None of that's your fault Steve." The Widow hero told him. Steve simply sighed. "Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky."

Chloe felt a pang of jealousy at his words, she had never had anyone like that, at least from what she remembered. "We need a doctor here. If we don't put pressure on that wound she's gonna bleed out here in the truck." The Falcon said suddenly, looking over at his teammate who was in clear pain.

The guard simply zapped their weapon in response. Chloe jumped back in surprise as the guard attacked the one beside them, the second guard dropped down, unconscious. The zapper was being lifted towards Chloe. "Woah! Nope! I swear I'll behave! Don't hurt me!" She backed into the corner. They all looked at her with a mix of suspicion and confusion.

"I don't know if Hydra's the right place for me anymore, it's like since you threw that thing at my head and it zapped me- my brain..it doesn't feel foggy anymore it feels like- it feels like mine again." She explained, looking to the Black Widow. The guard gave a nod and took off her helmet. "Still putting you in cuffs though." The dark haired woman said.
"That's fair." Chloe nodded, putting her hands out to make it easier.

They were all able to escape through a hole made in the floor of the car and were lead to a remote building. A curtain was drawn back to reveal a very much alive Fury. "About damn time." He said.

They stood around Fury's hospital bed as a doctor aided to Black Widow. "Why all the secrecy? Why not tell us?" Steve questioned him. "Before I answer, you wanna tell me what the person who almost actually killed me is doing here?" Fury retorted. Chloe awkwardly balanced her weight between her two feet. "Natasha accidentally re-wired her brain as far as we understand. Doesn't seem like Hydra can control her brain anymore." Steve explained shortly.

"Hm...well to answer your question. I couldn't be sure who to trust. Speaking of, why don't you take that mask off so I can see who you are?" Fury directed at me.
"Because I can't. My hands are cuffed." I showed him; trying to take my mask off but failing due to the restriction. Steve leaned over and took the mask off for her.

"Chloe?" Natasha gasped. The teen's head whipped around to face her. "So you remember me too?" She questioned in disbelief. "Of course!" Natasha nodded, sitting up slightly. "How do you remember me? How did I know you?" Chloe demanded.

"The Red Room, I helped train you. We became close friends before I..." she trailed off. "Before your escaped and left me there." Chloe finished for her, putting the pieces together, memories slowly coming back. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't of left you behind." Natasha apologised, tears threatening to spill from her green eyes. Chloe stared at her silently, attempting to take in everything. "I forgive you. It was for the best." She decided.