Chapter 21

~No one's P.O.V.~

The whole guild looked over to Master Makarov, who was standing on the rails of the second floor of the guild with his arms crossed and a serious expression. Jessie had never seen the master this serious unless it was an important matter, so she was a bit intimidated. However, she was a strong girl at the age of 11, especially since she was now known as one of the only mages in a millennium to be able to master more than 2 types of magic: a multi mage. The master had taught her about it a couple months in after she was a part of Fairy Tail. To be honest, Jessie had thought that being able to use more than one magic was normal, at which the whole guild gawked at her for that.

"Well, you heard me," Makarov said in an authoritative tone. "Get to it! And bring Lexi with you!" With that, he jumped off the rails and walked towards his office. Sweat was starting to form on Jessie's forehead, but she slowly started walking towards the stairs to the second floor. Soon after, Lexi joined her too.

"What is this about?" Lexi whispered into her ear. Jessie shrugged in response.

"Dunno," she replied truthfully. "But it's important, no doubt."

"No kidding," Lexi nodded. "He's scary when he's serious.."

"I guess.." Jessie shrugged again. She then glanced over to all the staring guild members. They immediately turned around and quietly went back to what they were doing. She could see Natsu and Gray frowning as they took out the ice swords she had thrown at them not too long ago. Erza's fist was also shaking, she noted. Nonetheless, she gave the trio a small smile and quickly went up the stairs and to the office. She creaked open the unlocked door, where the Master was waiting.

"What did you need to tell us Master?" Jessie asked as she sat down on one of the chairs, while Lexi snuggled in her arms. Master closed his eyes.

"I have an order for you," he said quietly. Jessie frowned.

"Order..? Do you mean a specific quest for me?" Master shook his head.

"No, I mean I am going to tell you something, and you must obey me, the both of you must," he said in a low voice. Jessie frowned even more.

"What's...the order?" she asked hesitantly. Master Makarov opened his eyes and looked intently at Jessie.

"You are to leave Fairy Tail."

Lexi's mouthed gaped open while Jessie took a couple seconds to process what he had just said.

"W-....what?" Jessie questioned in disbelief. Makarov sighed.

"That guild you said your father was at, Sabertooth....I found it," he explained. Jessie eye's widened in shock.

"Hontone?!" Jessie jumped out of her seat, but it wasn't in excitement. She hadn't expected him to have been searching all this time. Master nodded.

"Yup, and I'm ordering you to leave this guild and go reunite with your father," he commanded. Jessie slammed her hands onto the desk, making a loud bang that made Lexi flinch.

"What makes you think I want to go back there?!" she yelled abruptly. She was furious that she was just being told this, just told to leave her new family. A day never went by without her missing her brother and her father, but she didn't want to go back. She couldn't face her father to tell him that she deliberately sent her brother to some far away place. She didn't know if he was alive or not, and the guilt was gnawing away at her. She didn't want to face him, she couldn't face him. Master Makarov wasn't fazed; he had expected this reaction.

"Jessie, calm down," he said in a calm tone.

"How can you expect me to be calm when you're just kicking me out of the guild?!" Jessie spat.

"Your father," he said flatly. "Have you considered how he's felt? His two children being kidnapped and never returning?" Jessie suddenly felt her anger disappear as she was speechless. She had honestly never thought about that, about how her father felt. Her memories of him were a blur, but she knew for sure that he would be happier if he knew she was alive.

"I..I haven't considered, no," she admitted quietly. Makarov nodded.

"That is why I am insisting that you leave Fairy Tail," he sighed. "I do not enjoy letting go of one of my children, but your real father needs you more than me. That I am certain as I have blood-related family as well." A faint picture of a teenage Laxus flashed in Lexi's head, who was still listening to them.

"So...I must leave?" Jessie murmured, looking down. The short old man nodded silently.

"DAGA!" he suddenly blurted, making Jessie jump and Lexi to flinch again. "Fairy Tail will always be your home and family. If you ever need a place to stay, if you ever need help, and if you ever want to come back after a couple years.." He held up his hand, his fingers forming a check mark sign. Jessie smiled at the sign as she remembered what Natsu had told her about it. "Fairy Tail will always be with you. You got that brats?" Jessie and Lexi both saluted, putting the check mark sign on their hearts.

"Hai!" they answered.

"Then go out there and give everyone one last goodbye," Master smirked as he led the two outside. The whole guild was silent, as they had been waiting to see what had been going on. Natsu, Gray, and Erza all stood together, waiting for the master to say something. Jessie walked up to them and looked up.

"What does Gramps want with you Jess?" Natsu asked, his signature smile on his face. Jessie slightly gulped. She knew that smile was going to disappear really soon.

"Well...." Jessie started.

~Couples Minutes Later~

"NANIIIIIIII?!?!" The entire guild errupted when she was done explaining. She had left out the fact that Sabertooth was the name of the guild, but that was pretty much it.

"So you're really leaving??" Gray asked in disbelief. Jessie nodded sadly.

"I've made my decision to," she said firmly.

"Well, if that's your decision, we won't try to convince you," Erza grinned sadly. Jessie looked over to Natsu, who she had heard no reaction from.

"Natsu?" Jessie frowned. After a couple seconds, Natsu smiled brightly and ruffled Jessie's hair.

"I can't persuade ya now can I?" Natsu chuckled. "Just be safe kay?" Jessie smiled at Natsu and nodded.

"Maybe when I come back I'll be stronger than you," Jessie smirked. Natsu smirked back.

"I'd like to challenge ya when you do then!" Natsu fistbumped her.

"Now c'mon brats, Jessie needs to leave now, before night comes along," Makarov insisted, pushing Jessie to the entrance of the guild. There, Makarov took out a stamp with the Fairy Tail mark on it, except this time it was specifically for getting rid of marks. Jessie looked at it sadly, but brushed her hair to show her crystal blue mark. All the guild members watched as the master gently pressed it on her mark. When he took it off, it was no longer there.

"Now remember, even though your mark is no longer visible, Fairy Tail will always be your family," Makarov grinned. Jessie smiled back and nodded.

"I got it the first time you said it," Jessie playfully rolled her eyes. Makarov chuckled and opened the doors for her.

"Sa te, time to leave the nest," Makarov smiled sadly. Jessie nodded and waved goodbye for the last time before walking away from the Fairy Tail guild.

"Wait up!" Lexi whined as she tried to catch up to Jessie. She chuckled and placed her exceed on top of her black hair. "Ready for a new adventure?" Lexi asked excitingly. Jessie smiled weakly at her partner.

"Yup!" she answered, but deep down she had a pit of uneasiness in her stomach. She hadn't seen her father in 8 years, who's to say he'll even recognize her? Nobody could even tell her if he'll forgive her for what she had done to Mark. Jessie silently gulped the lump in her throat and continued walking, telling herself that whatever came next will come, and she could do nothing to stop it, but that still didn't stop the feeling of uneasiness.