Chapter 9

I forgot to mention this, but I do not own Arina or Luna.  @HelplessRomantic_2 does.  c:  

Well, here's chapter 9!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                (Timeskip-one month later)

                                ~No one's P.O.V.~

        "When do you think it'll hatch?" whined Arina, who was getting impatient.  "It's been a month now, and I'm pretty sure it didn't take this long for Luna to hatch."

        "Just be patient Arina, I'm sure it'll hatch soon," assured Jessie.

        "When will imoto (little sister) hatch?" Luna asked innocently.

        "How do you know it's a girl?" Jessie asked curiously.

        "I'm just hoping it is," Luna replied.

        "How about you Jessie?  Do you hope it's a girl?" asked Arina.  Jessie shrugged.

        "I'm fine with either, because I'm going to care for it," replied Jessie.  "Anyways, I think we should get some sleep for right now."

        "Okay," said Arina and laid down on the ground.  Jessie did the same and held the egg tight in her arms while Luna snuggled in Arina's arms.

        "Goodnight Jessie," Arina murmured.

        "Night Arina," Jessie whispered back before drifting off to sleep.

                                (Timeskip-five hours later)

        As the girls slept, a group of thieves that had been following them came closer to them.  "Okay, now's our chance to grab the girl," said the leader.

        "But which one is it boss?" the one on his right asked.

        "Yeah, we don't know which one boss," agreed the one on the left.

        "We'll just grab one of them and she'll tell us if she is the Double Dragon Slayer or not," whispered the boss with an evil grin.  The other two nodded and they made their move towards the girl they were closer too.  When they were about a feet away, the girl's sharp ears heard their quiet footsteps.  The girl sat up.

        "Who are you?" she asked sleepily to the shadow of three men.  Two of them started panicking, but the boss just smirked.

        "We're looking for the fabled Double Dragon Slayer," the boss answered.  "Which we know is eitehr you or the girl next to you."  The girl's eyes widened.

        "I don't know anything about Dragon Slayers," she lied.  The boss pointed a sword to her tiny neck.  

        "We know you're lying girly," he said in a serious tone, "but I'll let that one slide if you tell me which one of you is the one."  The girl knew that these thieves probably had backup, and that if she didn't say what they wanted, they would hurt the other girl, so she answered their question.

        "I am," she said.

        "Then you're coming with me," the boss put a magic rope around the girl's wrists, and made her drop the egg.

        "Hey boss, look!" said the first one, pointing at the huge egg.  "That right there is a big egg!"

        "Hey hey boss, can we cook it up and eat it?" asked the other one excitingly.  The girl wriggled around, trying to kick the men who just said that in the shin, but he backed away.

        "Aw, that egg mean something to you?" asked the boss mockingly.  The girl growled, but nodded.

        "I won't show any signs of resistance if you let me take that egg with me," the girl growled.  The boss thought about it.

        "Eh, why not?"  The boss gestured for the other men to take the egg and they obeyed.

        "I don't see why we can't eat it.." one of them muttered as he held the egg in his arms.

        "It'll make life easier, so do it," commanded the boss.  He then pulled on the rope, forcing the girl to go forward, but not before looking back at the girl.

        'Goodbye...Arina..' she thought sadly as they walked towards their campsite.